Chevy Nova Forum banner

Aluminum Radiator in a 1966-67 nova

37K views 51 replies 32 participants last post by  67 supersport 
#1 ·
Does any one have and pics and a part number for a Direct fit Aluminum Radiator with trans cooler(on the bottom) for a second gen nova.Looking for a 3-4 core.thanks bm

#3 ·
i've just ordered a welded aluminum rad(complete with polished shroud and 16" elctric fan) from TCI. it's supposed to fit nicely,but i can't agree or disagree until i get it.i'll post pic's when it arrives if that helps,but it's probably stil a week away.
leftcoast carl.

#16 ·
sorry to hi-jack but can you guys give me some ideas on mounting a universal radiator that is too big for the car? right now it sits on the frame rails. It has two hokey brackets that are on top but nothing to secure it at the bottom. It will slide back toward the engine.

#27 ·
I made a lower stand for mine. I used strap that fits inside of the channel of the radiator and made pedestals that welded to the strap and bolted to the frame to hold the bottom and made brackets on the top that were slotted and bolted to upper radiator support with l brackets that sit down in the channel on the top of the radiator. I used adhesive foam insulation on the top and bottom brackets to keep from rubbing the radiator. This was all on a Griffin cross flow aluminum radiator.

#19 ·
If you're wanting the tranny cooler lines on the bottom of the radiator, a downflow is what you'll have to get. I have a crossflow Be-Cool and a separate tranny cooler tucked away under the rad. support behind the front bumper. You can't see it, but it's there.

pops

#25 ·
Hey BM.. heres my .02...

I put this in my '66....

Summit SUM-381325, Alum Crossflow made by Griffin for Summit. Upside: works great & has a trans cooler. Downside: Have to make brackets & does not have a drain plug. IMHO cant beat it for the price. PM me if you need more info on brackets & hoses.

#39 ·
That Entropy radiator is nice!!!! however the owner of this nova isn't in the market to buy another $300 radiator. My buddy is going to bend me up a lower support out of 16ga steel and I will screw it down to the frame rails. Add some rubber or foam to the bottom and reuse his upper brackets and done!!! next will be to mount the trans cooler and fan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.