Chevy Nova Forum banner

Wiper switch ?'s

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  the mechanic 
#1 ·
hey whats up everyone... im in the middle of rewiring my 71 and im trying to do things as clean as possible... im working on the column and dash harness now and since i eliminated the wiper motor on my car all together, the slide switch that operates it sits unused..... im thinking of using it to control something such as my line lock...... but i had some questions.... the switch has three locations, off, low and high..... with three prongs out, i assume power in, low speed, high speed. correct me if im wrong, but im thinking that the low speed utilizes an internal resistor limiting the voltage out to slow th motor down, but the high speed, is that a full 12 volts out? if so i might wire it so if slid to the high speed setting, my line lock solenoid is turned on....

#2 ·
test it to be for sure, i didnt use the slide switch-mine is on two toggles one for on and the other is hi-lo i think i had to run a ground to the wiper motor for the hi-lo function....so i think 12 volts in and you will get 12 volts out on either hi or low of the switch...i really dont rember though...:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.