Chevy Nova Forum banner

fuel line for nitrous

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  MATTMAN 
#1 · (Edited)
i just bought an edlebrock performer rpm plate kit, i have a question in the fuel system. i was going to tee off my steel line after the regulator and run it up to the fuel solenoid. i have a holley blue pump and i plan on a 150 shot. is it ok to run the line like this? the motor is a 350- 9:1 comp. with a mild cam

#2 ·
How much fuel pressure is going to the carb now? How much does the nitrous want? A 1/2 lb. change in nitrous fuel pressure will make a big difference. If you can maintain the pressure on the NITROUS side, you'll be o.k. That's how mine is set-up, just T'd at the regulator, but I keep my fuel pressure a little on the high side to be safe.

#4 ·
The separate fule system for the nitrous is so you don't go lean and melt your pistons. If you don't care, or are a gambler, then by all means t-off and hope you maintain enough fuel pressure to feed both at wide open thottle. Your motor, your choice.
When I had nitirous on my 96Z (ran 12.10's on it) I had the extra pump and plenty of fuel to feed it...

#5 ·
The separate fule system for the nitrous is so you don't go lean and melt your pistons.
I've seen 700"+ pro mods with 3 units running a single BG400 pump.
A 150 shot and a Holley blue would more than sufficient.
If the manufacturers sell a 125 shot to bolt on a stock car, somehow I doubt if it'll lean out enough to hurt anything.
I used to have a 2nd fuel system for my nitrous(only because it was free) If I were going to use a 300+ shot, then I would go back to a dedicated fuel system--my current 200 shot works just fine T'd off the regulator.
SSavon,You say it's at 8 lbs. now, where does Edelbrock say to run the pressure?
8 sounds a little high for the nitrous side. My Nitrous Works system calls for 5psi, but I run more to be safe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.