Chevy Nova Forum banner

Crossmember for 4L60E in my 63?

9K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  theomms 
#1 ·
Sorry guys I did a search, but for the life of me I can't find a thread that I read before where people were talking about their experiences with the different brands of crossmember.

....anyway, does anybody have any experience with the brands of 4l60e/700r4 crossmembers that are out there for my 63? (chevy2only, CPP, BTO..?)

Thanks

#2 ·
I have heard good things about the BTO, but have no personal experience with them. If the 4l60e is mated to an LS motor like mine the mount will be dependant on the placement. I was able to modify my stock powerglide crossmember to work. If you are useing an aftermarket clip keep in mind that most of them center the engine which will require centered mounting on the crossmember.

#11 ·
I found the thread that I was looking for: Here

The discussion about fitment starts on page 2.

To sum it up...it seems like some folks were having a problem with the BTO/CPP crossmember hitting the floor. Others had no problems at all.

People didn't seem to have a problem with the other style of crossmember:

But that style allows for less room to run the exhaust.

So to me the bottom line seems, either order the BTO crossmember and cross my fingers that it wont hit the floor -OR- order the other style and leave less room for the exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.