Chevy Nova Forum banner

My 1979 Nova Rally - I just love it

11K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  LS6rally 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Just wanted to share with you guys how much I just love my Nova, maybe it's not as good looking as other muscle cars, but it's so far one of the best cars I ever had, though I modified it a bit... or a bit more.. :) but anyway 4 gen Novas are great cars, future (current?) classics to be kept! :D

See less See more
#2 ·
I like it, I think you'll find here in 4th gen. we're a little biased to them. Stating the obvious of course. Personally I don't like Novas in general, only the 4th gen cars. The 3rd gen to me looks like someone blew a loogey out of their nose looked at it and said "hey that would make a great looking car" Chevy must have realized their mistake and turned to the 4th gen to attain some class in the looks department.

Oh stop it, it's all in good fun. :D

The 1st gens are OK i guess, little boxy for my taste and way too popular. Dare to be different.

Yup, hang on to your 4th gen, the more that get scrapped the more valuable the ones that are left become. It's just as good looking as any other muscle car, in the eye of the beholder.

I don't know why some 3rd gen guys bash the 4th gen cars, they're basically the same underneath the skin. Even up to 76 the dash is the same.

#7 ·
dude, that interior is plush. that looks like about what im doing to my 73. that center console didnt come with the car did it? i used one out of a 91 camaro and modified it for gauges just like yours but i added a stereo there too.

#8 · (Edited)

All is custom, dash and console.

Actually the seats are different now, since I was thinking about safety, looks like that:

As for the guy that asked me by email about the specs of the car, there you go:

Engine Type: 350CID Chevy block

Valvetrain: Comp-Cam Xtreme Hydraulic Flat Tappet, Advertised Duration 268/280, Lift .477/.480

Induction: Weiand Action Plus aluminum intake. Holley 4150 Double pumper 650CFM. K&N Xstream air-filter. Carter 120 GPH mechanical street fuel pump.

Exhaust: Stainless Steel headers, 3" collectors, dual pipes. Dynomax stainless steel mufflers.

Ignition: MSD Distributor. MSD 6AL control box. Accel 8mm ignition wires.

Other items: 100Amp Powermaster alternator. March billet aluminum pulleys, Aluminum radiator. Engine Oil cooler. Transmission oil cooler. Polished aluminum valve covers.

Transmission: TH700R4, highly modified. 3000RPM PTC torque converter with Anti-Baloon plate.

Chassis Frame: Stock frame, sub-frame connectors

Read End: 8.5" 10 Bolt, 4.11 Richmond-Gears, Eaton limited-slip Posi

Front Suspension: Koni Shocks (Red), 1 1/4" Sway bar, all bushings are Energy Suspension Performance Polyurethane

Rear Suspension: Koni Shocks (Red), Rear leafs equipped with Energy Suspension Performance Polyurethane

Brakes: Stock on front (for now...). Rear disk conversion kit.

Wheels and Tires: 245/60/15 Cooper (trash, I know) both front and rear. Pontiac Trans-Am 10th Anniversary wheels.

Body Modifications: cowl hood.

Thats about it :)

Lior.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.