Chevy Nova Forum banner

Trans tunnel mods for trans shield?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  6471nova 
#1 ·
Anyone out there have pics or info on what they did to modify their trans tunnel on a 1st gen for a th350 trans shield to fit ? It would be nice to know how much I have to cut before I do it. Thanks:)

#2 ·
Unless the car is already cut, I would never cut it because there are easier and better options. Ultra bell = pricy, but good for 5 years and can be recertified for another 5, that is 10 years. If you have an NHRA racing number, you can get a Bell from Jegs for $200 as opposed to $100 for one good for 3 years.
Option 2 is a CSR fiber shield, Had one of those before also, liked it very well.
There is another thread on here somewhere about this same problem. Many valuable opinions.

#4 ·
Your right, I apologize. They are to big and make it tight, but not by much. In all reality, if you grind some off of the top of the tranny shield, who will know? I have never been checked and they couldnt see it any way.
Yes, I know, it probably isnt the correct way to go, but remember, once the tunnel is cut, it is cut forever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.