Chevy Nova Forum banner

Trans tunnel repair

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  69LT1Nova 
#1 ·
Just wanted to share some photos of my tans tunnel repair due to several different shifters that were used on the car prior to me purchasing it. I will still be cutting a hole in this for my lokar shifter on a 700r4 but at least its one hole now. I will be doing several spot repairs for pin holes in the floor. I will wire brush the whole floor then paint. I am open to any comments or suggestion. Paint help would be great too. I think por15 might be over kill since it will be covered by carpet on day. I am on a very tight budget

See less See more
#6 ·
Looks better already! Take it slow and tack it together in 1-2 second bursts, hopping around from location to location to avoid warping.

FYI - on the cheap rust preventative paint selection, I'd just go with Rustoleum. No, I'm not kidding! It really does work well, especially if its in an area you'll never see. Just do the wire cup brush on your angle grinder, vacuum up the debris, use wax and grease remover to clean the floor and then lay down the paint. Easy 'nuff. :cool:

Best part about Rustoleum is you can pick it up at the store in either quarts or spray cans for cheap. No special ordering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.