Chevy Nova Forum banner

Arizona owners, lunch gathering planned

23K views 309 replies 27 participants last post by  67rsss6spd 
#1 · (Edited)
Saturday 11 am January 21st there will be a gathering of Nova and Camaro owners for lunch. Would love to fill the parking lot with some nice cars.

Culvers
1909 S Country Club Dr
Mesa, AZ 85210

MAP
Dave (Knuckle Dragger) and myself will be there with our Novas. If you will be heading up from the Tucson area we could drive up I10 together.

#168 ·
And Rick, I was just poking fun at ya. Great job on that thing. I personally thought the procar 90s say too high-- how are they in yours?

Hey I took it as a compliment,so thanks. I mounted the seats brackets flat on the floor so I don't think there too bad. Ask Casey he's a bit taller than me. I liked the procar rallys better but I got these new off of C L for $200.

#187 ·
Hey Rich and Trevor(?). Not sure if I got the name right? didnt you guys say your body styles are the same as first gen camaros? If so what oil pan do you guys recommend and mounting system? I am starting on the LSX conversion on my buddies 68 camaro and havent done much research. He is suppose to be doing the reasearch but I figured i would ask. He wants to run manifolds rather than headers.

Casey

#188 ·
Yeah, it's Trevor. Oh man, there's tons of info. The X-body link in my sig has a ton of nova-specific stuff. I'd recommend the 98-02 F-body oil pan notched for clearance. I'm not sure on OEM manifolds, though I believe truck manifolds work with the nova. Mounts can be easily fabbed. Mine are supposed to be non-setback, but some run 1" setback Check ls1tech.com for a link to a ton of builds. There's also a link in my ls1tech signature (click the X-body link) with some info I gathered when doing my swap.

Im thinking of running Zr1 wheels on the Nova
These? I saw a guy with 5th gen camaro 5-spoke wheels on his 3rd gen Camaro yesterday, which looked pretty good. I like those more than the ZR1s. Let me know what Allen says, I'd be interested in doing a mini-tub, too, as long as it doesn't interfere with my exhaust, haha.

#189 ·
Casey

I guess it all depends on the budget and what it allows, if i could do over it would be a fbody pan or the new Holley pan, Im running the GM muscle car pan and until i upgraded my springs and suspension it was a nightmare! hit the ground very hard a few times!!:eek::eek:

But now it still sits way to low but havent had an issue since, and the pan with the pick up and the dipstick was only like 120 from the dealership.

#197 ·
Fellas, Firebird's hosting Friday Night Drags this Friday. I'm planning to take the Nova down to learn the intricacies of ladder bar suspension tuning. Pat, maybe you can bring the 5th-gen up this time?

Speaking of, I met a guy last time running 12.2s (he claimed it had run 11.9s before) in an LS2 Pontiac G8 with only K&N intake/full exhaust, a torque converter, and Hoosier slicks. Which made the selection of my next car (which must be a good-sized sedan for the twins) pretty easy.

#198 ·
o man you are gonna make me finish my nitrous this week arent you! Ive got my Vintage air system, im just waiting for my Control Panel, Hose/Dryer kit and Some Misc parts that come in the specific car kit. Summit is adding the parts to there site today so i can order them.

Where is the link to your ac install again?

#200 ·
Yeah i guess we can run motor to motor. you have more of it but with your hard tires its anyones guess. No im just running regular street radial tires. I just stall as high as i can, on the last yellow i pull off the brakes and as soon as the front end shows the slightest sign its coming down i go full throttle . and it just skips a little and goes.

#206 ·
Who's down for a meet or cruise? AZFBA is doing a cruise to Jerome this weekend, I'm thinking some nova guys should do something similar.
You know i am even with little first and no second.

AZFBA is always cruising its a damn shame we cant do the same, i went on there last cruise to jerome in the nova, Great drive, Be ready to be left in the dust, those damn cars that can corner haha.

I thought AZFBA just cruised to show low a week or two ago. Trev me and you should head up a group of Novas that take regular cruises..

#208 ·
I'm game. Man they never advertise the cruise on central. I'll try to make that.

I'm fully aware that I'd get the doors blown off by some of those f-bodies. I'm still running pizza cutters up front, so I can't even take a decent corner with any amount of speed without understeering like a pig. The new wheels should help immensely with that...

Rich don't feel bad, the AOD I just installed in the Mustang has a bad forward clutch, so 1st is basically useless unless I baby it.

#210 ·
Well if it were all Novas we would be good to go. When i went with them i was in the back with a focus and Silverado..

I cant wait to see your new wheels..

Ya man you try to do your best, and sometimes it doesnt matter, you get a lemon. Hopefully this th400 lasts more than 9 months.

#209 ·
We need to organize an AZXBA. Certainly is enough Nova's in Arizona to have a decent membership.
I have been way to busy to even clean the Nova since the trip to CA in August. Moms memorial service is the 5th of November. Until then I am not available to do much of anything. After that the calender is wide open. A cruise, meet and eat or a planning meeting. Just let me know and I will do my best to be there.

#216 ·
I do enjoy the lunch and meets, But more than that we need to have cruises. Like to Jerome, flagstaff, Tucson, Showlow, Lake Havasu. Meeting up with people on the way to cruise with. I say lets make a schedule now so married men can give wifes the heads up they need so its not an issue.

We should cruise and maybe stop a couple times on the way at scenic places for group pics of cars and good times.. and the with no real destination because the destination is the drive. But a Nice eatery at the City we travel to would be optimal.

Family and friends welcome to go.

If we dont do this im buying an fbody :no::eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.