Chevy Nova Forum banner

planned non operation (california)

5K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  nova805 
#1 ·
so iam planning on puting the nova on P.N.O but iam not 100% on how this works. if someone can please explain this to me it would help out a lot thanks

#2 ·
it basically means that you don't have to pay any fees when you do put it back into operation as to where you would have to if you simply didn't register it and then tried to register it. and it is not allowed to be on ANY public roads for any reasons (other then on a trailer.)

#4 ·
I've placed several project vehicles on PNO status, as well as my Chevy II on PNO while I was building it. Right now, my '63 C-10 that I'm currently building is registered PNO. It's a way to maintain your vehicle in the DMV database, so that when you do go to re-register it, there are no hassles (done through the mail). I once had to register a vehicle that had not been registered in several years, and that was one of the biggest bureacratic clusters I've ever had to deal with...I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I do not pay any fees right now to maintain the NPO status on my 63 truck, but I used to have to pay $5/year a long time ago when the Chevy II was a NPO status. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

#6 ·
I'm thinking of non-oping my truck while I rebuild the tranny, but someone told me that when you get it back on the road they do not prorate for the time left till you register it again. Did that make sense??:bored:

So if my normal month is December and I keep it non-op until October, I have to pay a full year to license it for 2 months till the regular renewal comes up. Is this just California or did I get bad info?

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.