Chevy Nova Forum banner

Lets see your custom sub boxes

8K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  mxstud141 
#1 ·
Hey there is one box in particular that I am looking to build. A nice guy whom is in Nor Cal Novas showed me a few years ago one that he built. He has the burgundy conv 63' SS with IROCS rims. Some pictures of other boxes would be greatly appreciated as well. THANKS

-Tyler

#5 ·
I assume you mean sub-woofer boxes (I regularly get wrong what people are talking about on this site!). This is hopefully not off-topic (and sorry, I have posted these up before), but here is how I am planning to mount my sub-woofer: I am using a full set of Samsonite Luggage from the sixties and I will be adding in my sub-woofer, amps and CD disc changer in the various cases in the trunk. I've already put my air bag set-up in the biggest luggage case, but I am still sorting out putting the various stereo components into the luggage pieces I have. I did this previously on a restoration project and it came out absolutely bitchin'; we put cooling fans into the cases to keep the heat down, and it would absolutely blow people's minds when we would lift up the small case lid and you would see the disc changer; it works out really nicely! Not sure this is what you had in mind, but you could use an old ice chest or other period pieces if someone wants to keep a stock look.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

#10 ·
Geeze!!!! I love that idea!!!! You are coming up with some great ideas... I really like the idea of showing some old school ideas and incorporating new technology.. Some vision you have there buddy... I like it alot!!!! Kinda wish I had your vision... Ok, not kinda. I do wish I had the ideas you have.... JR

#9 ·
I've got a drk.blue samsonite for my wagon, looking for more of the same color. I'm going to put mini guitar amp in the back. :D

I've seen some cool fiberglas boxes sorry I have no pics.

#15 ·
This is the second box I had in my car. It incorporated the amp rack into it. It ran a Memphis Belle amp with Memphis M class mids and highs with a 12" DVC M3 woofer an M waves processor. I have since taken it out for lack of trunk space and lack of use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.