Chevy Nova Forum banner

Hello from NW Indiana

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  scott33mull 
#1 ·
Hello all, my name is Rusty, and I live in Schneider Indiana. I have a 74 Nova that my dad bought me when I turned 16. I am now 33 and still loving it. It was an all original car when I got it, exect for it had new rear quarters and a repaint. Still wearing white walls, white vinyl top, and a red/orange paint color. When I first saw the car, I thought it was ugly, but learned to like it. When I was 17, I took it apart and made a few modification and painted the whole car torch red. It has been that way for the past 16 years, and it is now time for an overhaul. The car unfortunatley had to sit outside spring, summer and fall, for seven years while my wife and I were getting started. Due to its time outside, it did aquire a little rust, but not too bad. Now it lives in my heated shop all year round and is ready for a revival. My wife thinks I am crazy for tearing it down right as I was starting to drive it for the season, but I am loving it, and so are my boys, now 8 and 5. They both love the car, and love cruising in it.

I have been searching the web for info and pics to help me on some of the decision making for the direction I want to go with it, and found this site. I have searched through some of the body forums and decided to join in. I am planning on changing the front and rear of my 74 to a 72 and will try to post some pics along the way.

#4 ·
Hello Rusty and welcome to Steves. It's always nice to see another hoosier on the site. You won't find a better place for nova info, and the people who provide it are top notch. Be sure to post up some pics of your ride if you can.

#10 ·
Got some pics

Thanks for the tip Pete74. I can now post some pics.

This is my 74 Nova when I first got it in 1993 when I was 16.

Here it is in the Lowell, IN Labor Day Parade in 93 or 94 With some friends.

Here is my Dad and I getting it ready for paint in June of 95.

We painted it on Friday, and when it was dry enough to touch, I started putting it back together for a local cruise on Saturday. So here it is a day after paint. Note the window trim did not make it on yet.

Here is how it has been the last 15 years.

Here it is in 2004 waiting for its new home to be done.

And finally, today as it is now, tore apart in my shop while I rebuild it once again.

I hope to have it done by next sumer. I miss driving it already and its only been a few weeks!!!

#13 ·
Hey my wife's from Lowell and most of my in-laws (the Lutgens) still live in the area. She's been after me to bring my Nova up to drive in the Lowell Labor Day parade for years. . . .

Always good to see more Indiana folks on the site. Good luck with your build and welcome.

J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.