Chevy Nova Forum banner

what is a good way to run a nitrous fuel line?

7K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  TheDealer 
#1 ·
I have A-1000 fuel pump filter and 13204 return style regulator with – 10 line. I would like to shoot 150 shot with my nitrous express hitman plus. Can I run just the one fuel pump, what's the best way?

#2 ·
You make no mention of your combo and how much power you have. I run an A2000 on my 582 single carb car and it feeds the carb and my 200 hp plate nitrous system just fine. I have no idea if an A1000 can or not. My pump will supply a gallon of fuel to the carb in 13 seconds if you time it. That would be the type test I would run to decide what you can expect. You do not want to lean out so be careful.

#4 ·
An A1000 with a 13204 regulator will easily support your horsepower level and additional nitrous use on E85. The easiest way to plumb the fuel solenoid in your particular application would be to install a "T" fitting in the fuel regulator gauge port and route a 6AN hose to the fuel solenoid inlet.

If you want to be able to individually tune fuel pressure to the carb and to the fuel solenoid then you will have to install a "Y" fitting in the fuel pressure line, a second return-style fuel pressure regulator, and another return line to the fuel tank. This regulator could then be plumbed only to the solenoid in order to allow additional tuning of the nitrous system.

#6 ·
I was referring to installing a fitting in the gauge port of the regulator. You actually could "T" off one of the carb fittings as well. You have to use regulated pressure to the fuel solenoid. Your pump provides sufficient pressure and volume that you will have no issues with fuel pressure drop or volume when the fuel solenoid opens.

#10 ·
The A1000 is a high-pressure fuel pump. You may observe a very, very minor and momentary drop in fuel pressure when the fuel solenoid first opens, but the drop should be less than 1-PSI, and will recover in about 1 - 2 tenths of a second.

The restriction in the system is the fuel jet. The orifice in the gauge port is much larger than the orifice in your fuel jet, so restriction to fuel flow is not going to be a concern.

Another alternative would be to remove the 13204 regulator and install a 13202 regulator. The 13202 features an inlet, return, (4) outlet ports, and a gauge port. You're accomplishing the same thing any which way you plumb the solenoid.

#15 ·
Been about a year since I've been down a drag strip, and now ours are getting shut down.:( I've ran through enough bottles to get a fairly decent handle on the basics of nitrous operating theory and tuning. I've ran a variety of systems on a variety of engines and have been very fortunate to have not hurt any parts due to nitrous use. I'm certainly no expert, and learn something new all the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.