Chevy Nova Forum banner

75-76 Nova SS Grille Emblem

6K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Kgraley 
#1 ·
Any ideas where I can get one of these? I broke the tabs off our only one and 77Concours is giving me all kinds of grief.

They were on Ebay but I can't find one anywhere.

Thanks !!

#4 ·
If you have the old stud or another from another emblem, maybe gouge the back of the emblem and glue with epoxy resin and fiberglass cloth. A couple of layers would be best. Set for 24 hours. Then attach nut with moderate pressure... I cant think of anything else.

There is/was a plastic repro on Ebay (kenoregon) but it looks pretty lame... look it up. The good metal repros seem to have dried up.

#5 ·
Give philip some time, he can make them out of black plastic & once painted you can't tell the difference & they have the bigger 79 rally studs that fit tighter in the grille & its the only ss emblem that truely fits a 75-79 grille because it has longer studs necessary to fit a 79.

#6 ·
Here's another trick, flip the cup shaped nuts over & go again, you have to use pliers on the nuts because of the flange around the edge of the nut is now towards the outside. You should still have an 1/8 stud left since the nuts were cup shaped. Done it several times myself, works great.

#8 ·
After countless hours of attempted restoration of my '75 SS emblem (which had also been painted silver) I FOUND A PERFECT REPRODUCTION! Now, I just have to remember where! When I do, I will let you know. Its a million times better.

#13 ·
If that's the metal one, I have one of those. The workmanship is really outstanding. Only difference from original is that is has no part number in the back. Otherwise probably even better quality than OEM.

Just in case, you should check with the store if its the metal one, not the plastic one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.