Back With a 66!! - Page 3 - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Non-Technical > 1st & 2nd Generation Chevy II/Nova's

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 17th-November-2016, 04:14 PM   #31
TomM

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1966 - LSA Coupe
Garage
The lift has made my life sooo much easier.....

Never worked with lizard skin personally, but some members have and had good success with it. It looks like it makes a good looking job when done. I have also heard of some kind of product that is similar and you are supposed to be able to tint it with whatever color you like... just don't know the name...

T,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22nd-November-2016, 07:53 PM   #32
Arne&Evans66
(OP)

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): 1966 H-top
Garage
This is kind of an open question, but does anyone know or recommend a rear disc kit for a 9" ford???
I am running Granada discs up front with wildwood 4 piston calipers and want to run something similar in the back without pushing out the mounting of the back wheels. I don't believe the discs would change anything anyways..
Old 22nd-November-2016, 08:42 PM   #33
bigjman50

Title: Nova Senior Member
Nova(s): 66 deuce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne&Evans66 View Post
This is kind of an open question, but does anyone know or recommend a rear disc kit for a 9" ford???
I am running Granada discs up front with wildwood 4 piston calipers and want to run something similar in the back without pushing out the mounting of the back wheels. I don't believe the discs would change anything anyways..
I have 94-04 mustang cobra rear disc set up for my Ford 9. The conversion kit can be found here.

http://www.mustangsteve.com/cobrabrakes.html

Why not use Wilwoods for the rear as well? They sell kits for a Ford 9

Old 23rd-November-2016, 06:49 AM   #34
TomM

Garage
I second the vote on Wilwoods.....make them match up....

T,

Old 30th-November-2016, 12:56 AM   #35
Arne&Evans66
(OP)

Garage
New update. I was really lazy over the holiday, so today I finally got to it. I pulled out the rest of the interior. The floor pan looks like a clown face right now with the red/blue/black paint and the lovely yellow fur from the insulation. Next I need to clean it all and install the counsel and shifter.
I am seriously considering lizard skinning the inside floor also before I install the new carpet back in..... I also need to put in new brackets for the buckets.
So my list goes like this now.
1. finish the counsel brackets and set up with the tunnel.
2. Install my brake master cylinder and run the lines.
3. paint the inside floor with the skin. Drop the juke and carpet in.
4. Then install the buckets and seat belts.
5. Install a new column and steering linkage.
6. Get rollers or buy my wheels.Then I am going to take it a friends to lizard skin the complete bottom before installing all the LS things(tank/radiator/trans).

This is just to keep myself in perspective on whats next. :roll eyes:

Oh and with all this I still need to sell all these random things I don't need anymore like the extra glovebox door and the bench front seat. My garage is getting to tight with all the things laying out on my floor.
Anyone interested in good blue seats PM me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0091.jpeg
Views:	127
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	265537   Click image for larger version

Name:	image1-7.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	265545  
Old 30th-November-2016, 12:58 AM   #36
Arne&Evans66
(OP)

Garage
Oh and on the rear brakes I totally agree with you guys. I just need to find the correct kit with the wilwoods at the right budget price. I found out it's a small bearing 9", so now I am on the right tract.
Old 30th-November-2016, 06:23 PM   #37
Arne&Evans66
(OP)

Garage
Ok I went a little crazy with the powder coating. I picked up the other items today (14pcs), and I am happy.
But I really didn't have to do this, I think I am getting addicted to powder coating. I did the front bumper brackets,fender brackets, hood latch and release, front grill/hood latch bracket, the mounting brackets for the down bars (which was why I had too), and then the sway bar to match the subframe. at least when I open the hood it will look super clean and special. I just need to find the right LS engine to put in there without breaking the bank.
I am also considering keeping the 700R4 again....:roll eyes: i might regret it later, but its seems good so far and it makes my LS search a bit easier just looking for a engine. Plus I think I might do the plug and play harness with a engine much easier for my mechanical skills.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image3-5.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	265657   Click image for larger version

Name:	image4-5.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	265665  
Old 2nd-December-2016, 11:57 PM   #38
Arne&Evans66
(OP)

Garage
Ok finally got my butt in gear and pulled out the trans and cleaned up the interior a bit. Got to love Cali cars. My only rust is on the top of the floorboard tunnel, so easy removal. Cant wait too lizardskin the inside.
I also confirmed on how I am going to paint the underside of the car. I will attach some examples. I still have been nervous on the placement of the shifter hump. But I am going to get to it next week before I undercoat this baby.
I also got some pieces together to chrome.... I am not looking forward to the prices on this. I know so far just to chrome the back SS panel will start at $400. So I am starting small with the hood emblem and door posts.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image1-8.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	265881   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2-7.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	265889   Click image for larger version

Name:	image4-7.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	265897  
Old 3rd-December-2016, 12:03 AM   #39
Arne&Evans66
(OP)

Garage
These are the samples of what I plan for the bottom.
1. is with rubberized coating, then I added a hammered black over it.
2. is just the hammered black with primer.
I think I will do the 1st one with the rubberized coating. Also the inside I will completely over the flooring with the lizardskin. I might add a second coating of the lizardskin ceramic inside not just the sound reading coat.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image1-9.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	265905   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2-9.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	265913  
Old 3rd-December-2016, 12:20 AM   #40
Arne&Evans66
(OP)

Garage
Oh and heres the beast of a trans. I got this out all by myself and a floor jack. I never realized how heavy a 700R is.
I would also like to point out that overkill trans pan. That's going for a polished normal one. I am going to research on how to hook up and run a 700R with a LS. since its a very good built trans it worth the try. If I don't like it I will change it later with a 4L60-70.
Now I just need to get rid of all the drag race parts. Hurst shift goes, deep pan goes, and the old 350 4 bolt engine.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image4-6.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	265921   Click image for larger version

Name:	image3-6.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	265929   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0087.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	265945  
Old 3rd-December-2016, 07:18 AM   #41
Pragmatist

Garage
I enjoy my 700 but I'm looking into a 5 speed as we speak. The only thing I've not been able to find is a way to connect the TV cable to the EFI on an LS engine. I'm sure it's out there I just haven't found a way yet. Something to consider.

Old 3rd-December-2016, 09:40 AM   #42
TomM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmatist View Post
I enjoy my 700 but I'm looking into a 5 speed as we speak. The only thing I've not been able to find is a way to connect the TV cable to the EFI on an LS engine. I'm sure it's out there I just haven't found a way yet. Something to consider.
Bowtie Over drives makes one....see the link...

http://www.tvmadeez.com/ls1_cam/

T,

Old 5th-December-2016, 05:05 PM   #43
Arne&Evans66
(OP)

Garage
Well ran into Bowtie overdrives truck out at the Pomona swap meet this weekend and he pretty much told me I have to find a LS that works with cable if I want to use that setup on the 700R4.
Basically I think all things are telling me to sell the trans and move on to a 4L...
No choice but to spend more money. I just hope I can get some out of this trans. I don't think its easy sell a trans, even if it is good.
I have been looking and looking for a good LS swap and I am now thinking of finding the 3 options.
1. Cadillac Esclade full drop out =$4K+
2. A old Trailblazer SS and then strip it. 5K-8k.maybe get back some in the strip
3. A wrecked Vette 99-06. 6-7K
A new engine from GM is seeming cleaner...
Anyways in the meantime I am getting the nova ready for the new heart. Just dropped of the from die-cast pillars, hood emblem, and rear SS molding at the chrome plater. $675
Old 5th-December-2016, 06:41 PM   #44
TomM

Garage
I think I suggested earlier to 60 to a 4Lxxx..

Going to make life easier, and it's completely tuneable...

Try to do drive by wire, cruise control will be easier.....I am installing a Dakota Digital cruise control....I'll let you know how it goes....

T,

Old 5th-December-2016, 07:10 PM   #45
Black67

Title: Nova Newbie
Nova(s): 1967 nova hard top.
Those all seem like pretty high prices for a truck style LS. I'd look into the LY6. They came in newer 3500 vans. Awesome motor and usually a lot cheaper than anything GM name brand like escalade or any car Ls. It's a 6.0 bottom end with ls3 style heads from the factory. Just put on a ls3 intake and get a wiring harness from psi and your set. Most of the vans are 2 wheel drive and will come with the 4l80. Love the Ls swaps and won't run anything else. :+1:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement