No response bidder---what do I do? - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > General > Ebay, etc. Discussion

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 1st-December-2006, 11:18 PM   #1
Carl Stevenson
(OP)

Title: Nova Guru
No response bidder---what do I do?

I have an auction that ended last Sunday evening. No big deal, I think it was 62 bucks. Send the invoice, have sent 3 emails, no response. Do I give him a negative? My auction says payment must be sent within 5 days. I am very willing to extend that, but he's not even contacting me. I am not real interested in giving him a negative, just in case there is a good reason he has been silent (some type of emergency or something)

Link to the auction if you care....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=190053740707
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1st-December-2006, 11:24 PM   #2
batman09

Nova(s): 1967 LS3 & 1962 LSX wagon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Stevenson View Post
I have an auction that ended last Sunday evening. No big deal, I think it was 62 bucks. Send the invoice, have sent 3 emails, no response. Do I give him a negative? My auction says payment must be sent within 5 days. I am very willing to extend that, but he's not even contacting me. I am not real interested in giving him a negative, just in case there is a good reason he has been silent (some type of emergency or something)

Link to the auction if you care....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=190053740707
Looks like he's a deadbeat.He's done it to a couple other guys too.Give him a negitive and relist it.good luck bm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1962 Nova wagon-----Lsx/4L60e
1967 Nova---LS3/4L70e
Old 2nd-December-2006, 01:09 AM   #3
2doorpost

Ditto what Batman said.

I had to drop a negative feedback on a 100% positive Bidder who stiffed me. It happens.

I relisted the auction and doubled the results.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2doorpost; 2nd-December-2006 at 02:02 AM.
Old 2nd-December-2006, 01:17 AM   #4
ProchargedchevyI

Nova(s): 1970 383ci - Sold :(
I say give him a negative. Going by the bidding history, he only won by $1 - so I'd contact the guy before him to see if he's still interested.
Old 2nd-December-2006, 02:27 AM   #5
64chevyII

Title: Nova Senior Member
Hello

Don't send negitive as of yet. Sends and unpaid iten report to Ebay. See if he then responds to the request.

If you give the 2nd high bidder the sale then wait 29 days after sale then give original buyer the negitive. I think after 30 days he cannot leave a negitive to you. I see that he has left negative to sellers that have left negitives on him. Protect yourself and wait 30 days.

Check Ebays feedback policy to see how many days you have to leave feedback...
Old 2nd-December-2006, 03:15 PM   #6
67BLKSS

Title: Nova Junior Member
Carl,
Looks like he has an active auction going for a 66 Pontiac Lemans. Try asking him about payment for your auction through his. At least you'll know he looked at your question and might respond. No doubt he should have contacted you by now, but people seem to be real lazy anymore unless it's something they're trying to sell! Also, it might take more than 5 days for snail mail to get to Canada but a little communication from him would have been nice! Just my .02 cents worth from previous experiences dealing with ebay.....Scot
Old 2nd-December-2006, 03:23 PM   #7
NIGHTSHADE

Title: Moderator
Nova(s): NONE! It's a Chevy
Carl, I'd give him a little more time. A week isn't much ya never know what might have happened and it could all be an honest delay.

To many people are way to quick to throw out the negatives. And you have plenty of time to do so if necessary.

Ebay wont let you ask for a refund on the fees for 30 days so if you go and re-list and then the guy pays for it you'll be kinda stuck.

Just don't go getting into the Quick negative and relist frenzy. Give him a little bit of leeway, think of how it would be if the shoe was on the other foot, so to speak.
Old 2nd-December-2006, 03:39 PM   #8
NIGHTSHADE

Title: Moderator
Nova(s): NONE! It's a Chevy
I asked him a question on his auction for the lemans, and got a reply within minuites.

So with this info, I think he might be blowing you off. I'd still follow the procedures set up by ebay just to be on the safe side of it!
Old 2nd-December-2006, 05:43 PM   #9
72Orange

Nova(s): 1972, 383, Vortec Heads
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64chevyII View Post
Hello

Don't send negitive as of yet. Sends and unpaid iten report to Ebay. See if he then responds to the request.

If you give the 2nd high bidder the sale then wait 29 days after sale then give original buyer the negitive. I think after 30 days he cannot leave a negitive to you. I see that he has left negative to sellers that have left negitives on him. Protect yourself and wait 30 days.

Check Ebays feedback policy to see how many days you have to leave feedback...
This is only partially true.

On the 7th or 8th day after the auction you can file a non paying bidder claim with eBay. Most people will respond to that and pay. If after 7 more days he does not respond still eBay will let you close the dispute giving him a negative mark. eBay will also refund whatever your fees were for the item. You can then leave negative feedback and eBay WILL NOT LET HIM LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR YOU.
Old 2nd-December-2006, 06:28 PM   #10
Carl Stevenson
(OP)

Wow, thanks a bunch for ALL the help guys! I really appreciate it. Here is where I am now---

I just sent him the 4th email, besides the invoice which I sent at the end of the auction.

I too, am not too keen on jumping out with a negative right away. I had no idea there is a chance to leave a negative at a later date, as well as the non paying bidder report. I am a bit green with ebay I guess. So far, it's been all good.
Old 3rd-December-2006, 01:53 AM   #11
2doorpost

Looks like your buyer was accumulating parts for that Lemans till sometime between the 3rd of November and the end of the month. Then it looks like he started parting it out by looking at his feedback. Now the car is being sold off.

Good Luck.

Old 25th-December-2006, 04:45 PM   #12
Carl Stevenson
(OP)

1 month, no money, he's no longer a registered user

My first negative ebay experience.....

"Edit"

I should add, he marked it paid in "my ebay" on Dec 12th, but I have my doubts that something is actually on it's way to me.

Last edited by Carl Stevenson; 25th-December-2006 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Added to message
Old 25th-December-2006, 05:10 PM   #13
kcmocarguy

Nova(s): 1962 2 dr hdtp
I sold an Auburn posi unit to an eBayer with 100% positive feedback and it took a month to get paid . I didn't want to ruin his good record but then when I really checked in to it he had feedback that he had paid for an item he won after mine. I didn't want to be an *** but he played me. BTW I did finally get paid and positive feedback.
Old 27th-December-2006, 01:05 AM   #14
2doorpost

He'll no doubt put up his tent under another alias. And he's in my neck of the woods. Lucky me.

Old 27th-December-2006, 01:46 PM   #15
Carl Stevenson
(OP)

You can have him. Now what do I do if he actually did send the money. I sent a second chance offer to my 2nd bidder!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement