Back With a 66!! - Page 4 - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Non-Technical > 1st & 2nd Generation Chevy II/Nova's

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 5th-December-2016, 07:15 PM   #46
Black67

Title: Nova Newbie
Nova(s): 1967 nova hard top.
Check out Car-parts.com. It's a website that searches all the junk yards around your area. Look up a 2009 Chevy express van 3500. In the photo was one with 18,800 miles with a 4l80e. Doesn't have a price but call and haggle with them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3331_1480983216560.PNG
Views:	135
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	266625  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6th-December-2016, 04:28 PM   #47
Arne&Evans66
(OP)

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): 1966 H-top
Garage
Awesome lead. I got on it today. I called a few places from the site. Seems they still want a lot to start from. That one was 4K and they didn't want to negotiate. they haven't even go it running since the tank was removed on it. This is what always worries me on drop outs. Again thanks a ton for the site info.
Old 6th-December-2016, 04:32 PM   #48
Arne&Evans66
(OP)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomM View Post
I think I suggested earlier to 60 to a 4Lxxx..

Going to make life easier, and it's completely tuneable...

Try to do drive by wire, cruise control will be easier.....I am installing a Dakota Digital cruise control....I'll let you know how it goes....

T,
Hey Tom what is "earlier to 60". Sorry I am a bit dull on LS swaps, but I learn quick
Did you go with Dakota digital for your gauges? I was thinking of keep it original and get an adapter from them for the speedo. But I will need to have some kind of monitoring for everything else.

Old 6th-December-2016, 04:56 PM   #49
TomM

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1966 - LSA Coupe
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne&Evans66 View Post
Hey Tom what is "earlier to 60". Sorry I am a bit dull on LS swaps, but I learn quick
Did you go with Dakota digital for your gauges? I was thinking of keep it original and get an adapter from them for the speedo. But I will need to have some kind of monitoring for everything else.
Oops....I meant to say "I suggested earlier in the thread to do a 4L60E".....forgot a couple of words...

Yes went Dakota Digital. The VHX series looks as close to stock as I have seen. Don't think they have an adapter to run a stock speedo...you would need a tail shaft adapter from Jags That Run. They do have a Hall Effect sender to convert a stock trans speedo gear to electronic output for an electronic speedo gauge...

T,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 7th-December-2016, 05:37 PM   #50
bigjman50

Title: Nova Senior Member
Nova(s): 66 deuce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black67 View Post
Those all seem like pretty high prices for a truck style LS. I'd look into the LY6. They came in newer 3500 vans. Awesome motor and usually a lot cheaper than anything GM name brand like escalade or any car Ls. It's a 6.0 bottom end with ls3 style heads from the factory. Just put on a ls3 intake and get a wiring harness from psi and your set. Most of the vans are 2 wheel drive and will come with the 4l80. Love the Ls swaps and won't run anything else. :+1:
Wow thanks for the info. I didnt know that. Looking a little deeper an Ly6 makes 385hp/400tq. With an intake and tune you up over 400 hp for sure.

Old 7th-December-2016, 07:06 PM   #51
Black67

Not a problem. You can get lucky and find a place that doesn't know what they have and I've seen that motor and 4l80e bought for $1800. I've seen one with a decent cam, long tubes, and a fast 90 mani make over 450whp through a six speed.
Old 7th-December-2016, 10:08 PM   #52
Black67

I'm also still interested in any extra parts you might be trying to get rid of. I messaged you awhile back. Thanks.
Old 9th-December-2016, 07:07 PM   #53
Arne&Evans66
(OP)

Garage
Black67 I PMed you.
Old 9th-December-2016, 10:32 PM   #54
Black67

Thanks for the call today!
Old 14th-December-2016, 07:35 AM   #55
Jomart95

Nova(s): 1966 Nova
Thanks for sharing this! Cool build, awesome ride!
Old 8th-January-2017, 08:31 PM   #56
Arne&Evans66
(OP)

Garage
Man holidays have been very busy. Finally this week I will get back into the build. My chrome pieces should be done soon, and I will post photos of the work. I need to get into the column and finish installing. It seems I have tons of rain here in the "so called" deep drought California so I will likely hold of the underside painting.
On another note if anyone has seen this shifter before, could you possiblly identify what it is? I want to sell it to someone that can use it. Also if someone can post their set up on the counsel shifter I would love it. I am just trying to figure how to set it up. THX
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0372.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	272913   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0374.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	272921  
Old 9th-January-2017, 10:16 PM   #57
bigjman50

Title: Nova Senior Member
Nova(s): 66 deuce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne&Evans66 View Post
Man holidays have been very busy. Finally this week I will get back into the build. My chrome pieces should be done soon, and I will post photos of the work. I need to get into the column and finish installing. It seems I have tons of rain here in the "so called" deep drought California so I will likely hold of the underside painting.
On another note if anyone has seen this shifter before, could you possiblly identify what it is? I want to sell it to someone that can use it. Also if someone can post their set up on the counsel shifter I would love it. I am just trying to figure how to set it up. THX
Looks similar to mine and mine is from a 66 SS nova.

Old 11th-January-2017, 12:45 PM   #58
Arne&Evans66
(OP)

Garage
Thank you for the reply. Mine is totally different on the placement and the main bracket which bolts it to the floor hump. I believe I will buy an aftermarket one from Shiftworks instead. I have only found 1 on eBay that was original for 66-67 like yours and they are asking stupid money for it.

But on anther note I wish I knew what this shifter came out of so I can sell it to someone with the right car to use. I can imagine there is someone out there like me looking for the direct bolt in, but with a different model car.
Old 11th-January-2017, 03:53 PM   #59
TomM

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1966 - LSA Coupe
Garage
Looks to be a 66-67 impala floor shifter...

http://www.2040-parts.com/66-67-chev...port-i1173465/

T,

Old 11th-January-2017, 06:54 PM   #60
Arne&Evans66
(OP)

Garage
Thanks Tom. You nailed it! Now I can advertise it correctly on CL. Just my luck I get stuck with an Impala shifter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement