Chevy Nova Forum banner

fuel tank to efi

7K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  dsw12387 
#1 ·
I have a 74 nova that I want to install a 6.2 into and in my research I cannot find a tank.I find them for 68-72 and 75-79.I thought the tanks from 73-79 were the same.Am I wrong?If u know of a reasonable solution please let me know.Thanks,Mark

#2 ·
I've been toying with the idea of EFI too. The best solution I've come up with is a surge tank. It is a small tank (1 - 2 quarts) that goes between the main tank and engine. The high pressure pump pulls fuel from it and a low pressure pump fills it from the tank. The only drawback is it requires a second low pressure pump to keep it filled

These are used in road racing and autocrossing ensure to engine always has fuel

#3 ·
I installed a tank on my camaro that was aftermarket and works well and it was $499. and that is what I was really wanting to do but can only find them in the 68-72 or 75-79 models.I just dont want to make to many modifications or dead head the line with an external pump.Noise and cost efective play a big part Thanks,Mark

#5 ·
Select the proper pump and you will not hear it. I can barely hear my Mallory pump when the engine is off and I don't hear it at all when the engine is on. It is just like the factory cars. Turn the key and you hear the pump build preasure. Start the car and you can't hear it.

#7 · (Edited)
It is a Comp 70 pump. Ive heard there larger pumps where just as quiet.

Edit:

The pump has rubber washers between it and the bracket and the bracket has rubber washers between it and the car.

If I do it, I'll remake the bracket to be a 1 - 2 quart surge tank that I can mount both pumps too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.