Chevy Nova Forum banner

Funny Feeling About This Vert!

4K views 36 replies 21 participants last post by  screamin67deuce 
#1 ·
#4 ·
MY :2cents: I THINK IT'S NICE OVERALL, COSMETICALLY THAT STUFF CAN BE EASILY REPLACED! :yes:
THE CAR ITSELF IS WELL MAINTAINED IMO, IF IT IS WHAT IT APPEARS TO BE, I'D BE ALL IN. :cool:
SOMEBODY ASK FOR PICS UNDERNEATH, TO SEE WHAT'S GOIN' ON THERE! :confused:

#6 ·
We rip people for selling a car with a couple small pics then there is this person with way too many large pics that show little more than the previous pic. Over the top for sure IMO.

For some reason I seem to be very skeptical of cars from Florida, this one included.

#15 ·
We rip people for selling a car with a couple small pics then there is this person with way too many large pics that show little more than the previous pic. Over the top for sure IMO.
For sure there's middle ground when it comes to pictures. Repeating the same angles over and over makes little sense. The seller would have been wiser to spend more time on the word description. It mentions buckets, white upholstery, etc.:confused:. It seems he might have just tried to edit a different ad for use with this car and failed to delete a few things that don't apply.

Bob, are you a 'vert freak ???? :poke: :D
How'd you guess! Anybody got a '62 Acadian convertible for sale:D.

Bob

#13 ·
The ad states, "the interior is white with blue apointments " :confused: Looked all blue to me. :confused: :confused:

They don't come right out and say it is original but I get the impression they're trying to make it out like it is, "mainly original" which it cannot possibly be. Definitely don't like the trunk paint on the underside of the trunk lid and I agree with LMH, I don't like the skirts or headlights.

#17 ·
Watch this car

I watch this guys cars for sale all the time, his idea of a restoration is cake the underside with undercoating, and paint the xhaust silver.

This car was on ebay earlier in the year. Was described as having bubbles along the quarters and bottom of doors.

There was a 10 in patch panel cut into the trunk.

Was sold for 10 grand. If you watch this car as long as i have they keep changing reserve, change starting bid. Last week it was for no reserve starting bid 16k. This week it has 4 bids at 15k and change. Stay away from the car. Its been put together. They photo shop pics. If i'm out of line ,sorry just trying to prevent a heartache. I don't want to over step the rules. Just tired of the buyers remorse i see when i deliver a car that had been bought off ebay. Wish i would have saved previous listing.

#20 ·
RE: verts seller feedback

you have to scroll through all the feedbacks, mostly buying not selling. he has away of having ebay remove negatives.

this car got relisted again today. had 4 bids for 15k now back to 16k no reserve. watch it for a week.

also seller added skirts, sidemolding. wire caps. wish i still had listing he bought, car was still all original. showed its rust.

he bought car for 10k couple months ago. that listing showed the rust and patch panel in trunk.

just want you to be aware.

#24 ·
check out the underside

Look at the top of the car then look at the underside.

Undercoating and painted exhaust is this guys m.o.

Check out his other listings same.

We called on this car guy is arrogant and how dare i question his car. Can't i see how nice it is from the pics?

Hung up on me.

#29 ·
Its back on the bay

Car was taken off yesterday and back today with a noreserve 16k opening bid. 6 day auction. Won't last the 6 days he'll remove it and bring it back.

His ad reads no rust anywhere. Call and ask him about bubbles in quarters and patch in trunk. 10inch.

Look at all his listings. Same m.o.

Photo shops, shill bidders. Never any issues in his discriptions.
Pristine, spectacular.

May as well tell all. This guy got me 3 years ago. $7500. Would never make good on the problems. Stay away from this guy. I wish i still had the ebay listing of this car from where he got it from. Rust,rust rust. Guy described it all. This guy added all the fluff. Look real close at the drivers quarter bottom. You can make out the waves.

I left negative feedback. Ebay removed it. No reason given.

I deliver cars around the country. There is more buyers remorse from purchases from ebay. And they won't do anything about it.

So just go look. Plane ticket is cheap compared to buying and shipping and then not being what was described.

I delivered 1 ebay purchase. Guy wouldn't even let me take it off the trailer. Fought with seller for 2 hours. I returned it. Guy wouldn't refund 2k shipping charge. You know the saying buyer beware.

Oh well sorry to bend your ears. Just tired of people losing their hard earned money. Being new here you guys look like you do a good job checking cars out.

#30 ·
I delivered 1 ebay purchase. Guy wouldn't even let me take it off the trailer. Fought with seller for 2 hours. I returned it. Guy wouldn't refund 2k shipping charge. You know the saying buyer beware.
I would have taken it off the trailer and left it at the buyer's house. If he bought it on Ebay then it was his. Then I would have taken the buyer to small claims court if he is the one that owed you for shipping charges.

#31 ·
shipping ebay cars

i guess what i meant was the buyer did pay me for shipping. then after argueing with seller the seller agreed to take it back and paid me to bring it back but wouldn't give buyer back shipping costs to him. don't worry i get paid not my problem with buyer remorse.

whats funny when i'm hauling, first thing people ask when we pickup car is how's it look.

being in this hobby for over 40 years knowing what i know. i just say now its probably what you wanted. i don't get in the middle.

just deliver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.