Chevy Nova Forum banner

tinted 63 4-door sedan glass in a 65 4-door sedan

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bobbygreensnovas 
#1 ·
Hello, everyone, I located a 63 nova 4-door sedan that has factory tinted windows. I have a 65 nova 4-door sedan, and I was wondering if i could put the glass from the 63 in the 65. I know that the front windshield and the glass from the two front doors will fit, but i am not sure if the back door glass will fit in my 65's back doors. And I know that the back window will not fit. Any help will be appriciated!!!! :yes:

#4 ·
windows that have the factory tint have a green looking glass.its not that they are some limo tinted black windows.

if you go to a car show and you look at the glass the cars have most cars have clean clear glass.

not many have the green looking glass.most of the time one window breaks and the replacement glass is hard to find.then you end up with one clear window .

i was lucky to get my 63 nova with factory tinted glass and its still all there.

i hope i dont break any of the windows when i go to put it back in.:eek:

#5 ·
Thank you for the help, guys!!! :yes: And the reason I am switching to the factory tinted glass is because this 63 nova was parked since the late 70's and the glass from it is in exeptional shape. Also, the glass from my 65 is scratched and has stone cips in it, and the windshield is starting to fog up around the bottom corners. Plus, I want tinted windows in it so it will keep the interior of the car a little cooler. I know that I could get all new reproduction glass, but that would be way too expensive for me!!! :yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.