Chevy Nova Forum banner

Silly question - Difference between a hardtop and a 2 door sedan?

16K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  george 66 
#1 ·
Am in the process of bringing a '62 hartop to New Zealand from San Diego and am curious what the difference is?. Far as I can see they've both got hard tops and 2 doors but they are advertised as 2 different things. Will be on the hunt soon for parts if any of is keen to send worldwide!

#9 ·
the look, the roofline, b pillars on a sedan, none on a coupe.

i'll leave it at that and leave it for a coupe guy ta throw the first rock :devil: :D :D :D

best of luck with the '62 and welcome to ya :thumbsup:
OK look at the picture in the Flyers signature area... See how you kinda throw up a little bit in your mouth... if it was a coupe you would feel like all is right in the world....

i rest my point :devil:

#3 ·
Hard top has no post at the rear of the front door, also known as a coupe, when you roll the window down it's all open to the back C post. The sedan has the B post and frame around the door windows.

#16 ·
Thanks... no vomit here though I like em both - They are not at all common over here, know of 5 Novas between '62 and '65 in the entire country and the last one sold ( a supercharged 396) went for just on $50,000 so am stoked to have been able to source one after such a long time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.