Chevy Nova Forum banner

the jumbo 66 column saver

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  kennys64 
#1 ·
hi everyone just wanted to post and say thanks to jumbo66 i will be using my stock column in my 64 nova with an aft mkt clip and ls1 swap.about a month ago i asked here on steves if anybody had an idea on saving the stock column and how to retain the shaft in the column after cutting it from the gear.of course jim chimed in and sent me a custom brg saver he fabbed up himself said he made one for himself and was so happy with it that he made a few extra.i was very impressed with the stout quality of this saver.i wont be needing to replace it ever.i removed the column and gutted it last night removing all shift linkage and tube.installed the bearing and outer stop with the wheel attatched then i removed the wheel and shaft and installed the other stopper on the other side in the tube.it works perfect and has no deflection turns smooth as glass.the best part of this story here is i wanted to let you all know i paid nothing for this.jim is the kind of person that makes steves what it is.hotrodders helping hotrodders as a matter of fact he paid the shipping too.any of you guys out there ever deal with the jumbo 66 lucky you

#3 ·
Shift housing

Good question mine also is a bit floppy.the wife called me in at that point.im thinking a few machine screws with some washers or possibly tapeing the outer portion of the column. Yes i also will be using a floor shift.if you come up with a better idea on the fix let me know what you did.maybe we should ask jumbo.anybody recomend a floor shifter 4l60 with a bench seat. The prostick looks short like id have to reach for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.