Chevy Nova Forum banner

Big Block in an aftermarket clip

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  the FLYER 
#1 ·
I have a Chassisworks clip, and I am considering putting a big block in my 67. I just wanted to know how many have a big block with an aftermarket clip? Does the firewall have to be cut so that the engine does not hit? Is there anything that has to be done in order for the big block to go in? Just a few questions i have.

#2 ·
I'm not sure if the frame mounts are in the same place or not I had TCI leave them off so I could put them where I wanted. If you use a short valve cover they will not hit the wiper motor bulge on the firewall. I had to cut it off to clear my tall VC's. I know it's not a CW but would imagine the install would be about the same.

Jimmy

#3 ·
I can tell you that mine fits wonderfully, I have the big block plates but I would assume that the location is the same. No firewall mods are required with std/medium height valve covers, when I go to the tall ones I may need to dent them slightly, not sure yet. Also, there are no issues with the master cylinder which I thought I would have.

#4 ·
NovaStar said:
I can tell you that mine fits wonderfully, I have the big block plates but I would assume that the location is the same. No firewall mods are required with std/medium height valve covers, when I go to the tall ones I may need to dent them slightly, not sure yet. Also, there are no issues with the master cylinder which I thought I would have.
What kind of clip do you have?

#6 ·
I have the heidts ,and mine fits well after cutting the nose off the wiper bulge.The turbo 400 had problems though i had to cut some of the tunnel away for it to fit! I also had to make a trans crossmember which ties to the rear rails . I used the hooker fenderwells and they fit perfect!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.