Chevy Nova Forum banner

Rust and pitting around rear windshield area..

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  letrbuk67 
#1 ·
how do i fix this? do they sell sheetmetal for the sides and bottom of the rear windshield? '66 coupe

#6 ·
I have a 67 194 coupe and the sides of it ( like below it ) are like thru it.....

Looks about a half dollar or bigger at the ends of the corners on the trim....

The fix for it: Im trying to find some NOS Quarters ( I have a few leads to on them ) and should no in a few weeks..

With yours, its looks like the piece between the windshield and the trunk.

And I think thats called a Deck something panel ah Deck Filler Panel...

http://www.goodmarkindustries.com/p-8082-deck-filler-panel-66-67-chevy-ii-4011-710-66.aspx

Also shop around they range in price too...

#8 ·
Options

Seems like lots of PO's do what they can to make the problem worse. Mine did a "repair" with fiberglass.
There are several ways to fix the mess and most involve some welding. I was able to fix mine with fill welds and small repair patches cut from 18 gauge steel. Worst case is to replace the whole flange from a donor car and a new upper trunk panel. After repairing mine I smoothed the surface with Met-All filler

#10 ·
The rear deck filler panel would be the way to on it ,(IMO)
The sides ,or top if you don`t have to replace the 1/4s i would cut out a section and either make the piece or go to a metal shop and have them bend a piece in the same contour that you have , then start cutting out the old and welding in the new. Just make the pieces extra long that you make or have made , then start welding them in , Good luck on what ever you do and keep us posted .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.