Chevy Nova Forum banner

Anyone have my paint scheme?

12K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  Ricky B 
#1 ·
It's factory colors. But I can't recall if I've seen another first gen redo their car with them.

I'd like to see others if possible. Thanks

See less See more
#23 ·
I truly love those colors on a first gen. I still have pictures of most of the cars for sale in the south when I was looking for a Nova.

This car was at Maple Motors in Tennessee about 2 years ago. Still love it.

#24 ·
That's my car. I bought it about 6-7 months ago from a guy down here in Houston who bought it from Maple Motors and had it delivered out here. I've been trying to track down more history on the car but it dead ended at Maple Motors. That's really funny that you posted it.

A few days after I brought her home.

#26 ·
I didn't paint them. They must have been painted by the past owner.

I drove my car about 10 times and blew out the rear end. From there I started thinking okay, let's do some disk brakes..oh this TCI front end looks awesome..oh an ls1 looks like a great idea!

She has some slight cancer here and there that needs to be addressed once I get the drive train buttoned up. But I'll be taking the majority of the trim off. I've been trying to decide if I want to keep the two tone or not.

#27 ·
I've been trying to decide if I want to keep the two tone or not.
I think you should keep it two tone. My '63 is two tone. In '70 I had the same car but all Gold, when I bought this one I was going to paint the roof but now I think it looks good. Just a thought... :no:

#29 ·
Hey Chris,
Keep the colors and the trim. IMO, you can paint it Red, Yellow, etc, etc, and it will be just another Gen 1 Nova. The stock colors and trim make it unique because nobody keeps them that way. Old school, then pop the hood and an LS1. Kewl....

#31 ·
From what I've seen, I think it started on the 64's. If not, they may have not done it on the 2 tones. This car is definitely not the original paint, but it is the right colors to the tag.

I really like the back painted silver, however I couldn't do it if I kept the white top. Too many colors going on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.