Chevy Nova Forum banner

mono vs multi leafs

4K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  lane75nova 
#1 ·
While changeing all rear bushings my drivers side mono leaf spring has rusted some under the spring pads so I want to put new springs in my car. Car is a 72 with stock mono's now,I talked to John at Calvert Racing and he said that his split mono's were not needed for my car and horsepower levels to just get either stock mono's or multi's that fit my stock mono perches and then put his caltrac bars on. the car is a street mainly car .I need suggestions on which springs to get STOCK MONO'S OR A 3 LEAF CONVERSION MULTI LEAF. I already have brand new poly bushings ,shackles and spring pads all for mono springs and hopeing to be able to use them

#4 ·
Well you know how it rode before and if you were happy with the ride and ride height then put monos back in it. New monos should pick it up a little over where it was if you are replacing original springs. If you want to raise the rear a little more then mulit leafs should do it for you.:yes:

#11 ·
I talked to eaton this week and they wanted way to much money for their springs plus shipping was almost 3 times higher than companies shipping from the west coast to the east coast. I don't mind paying for something but I will not pay for bullsh*t shipping charges

#13 ·
I will be replacing my old worn monoleaf with a 3 leaf set (they should be here today :D).

I went with springsnthings, yeah shipping on my multileafs was pricey but the overall cost with new coil springs, leaf springs, mounting hardware, & bushings was reasonable by the quotes I had been receiving and they had great customer service.

#14 ·
I tried springs and things today and no one answered the phone their recording said they were closed for the holiday.I ended up getting stock mono's from summit because I was ordering new 373 gears and rebuild kit for my rear end and summit had free shipping on all orders I placed till 9:00 pm tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.