Chevy Nova Forum banner

1964 Chevy II Shorty

4K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  sbc1320 
#1 ·
Yeah there is a customized 1964 Chevy II. Some custom shop chopped a four door down to where it is a two seater. Most of the work has been don't just need some minor adjustments and a top fabricated for it. But I have know Idea how much something like that would be worth so I need some input on your thoughts.

#3 ·
To me its worth scrap/ parts car value. It does not matter what they put into it or if the say its will be worth 37k when done. Its got the face that only a mother could love:yes: if you like it then get it but dont pay anywhere near what they are asking. JMO

#8 ·
So How much do you think realistically could I pay for it and still be able to sell it for a profit later.
Before tackling that question, you'd need to find out what still needs to be done to finish it and the cost. That's never been stated by the seller. We do know it needs a top. He started his bidding price at $6500, dropped it to $6000 and now it's $5000. Nobody has bid on it to date.

Bob

#18 ·
Charger guy... I think all of us on here can appreciate the hard work that went into this. However... Im not sure there is a price you could buy it at to resell and make money. Obviously there is not much interest in it as he has not gotten a single bid on it X3. I agree with the guy IF i wanted it... id offer him what i thought the sum of the parts was, cause this is such a ... unique car finding a buyer may be damn near impossible. Just my two cents....

#19 ·
IF I had the money, I would buy it. I think its pretty cool myself. I have always wanted to build one of these out of a 66 4 dr. I don't see why you guys are knocking this.:confused: As someone that used to work in a custom shop and did this stuff on a daily basis, I can appreciate how much work went into shortening this down and finishing it out. That 37k was more than likely based on the labor hours x the hourly rate these guys had put in it. is it actually worth that? No probably not. I don't think any of us could sell our cars and get back what we have invested in them time wise.
I comsider this a rather cool build and wouldn't take much to make a removeable type roof for it. I would use the rear section off a 2dr hardtop model for that. about the ONLY thing I would have done different here is made the doors a little longer, about the same length as the ones on a 2dr.
Anyway, I'm suprised someone actually built one and pulled it off.

#20 ·
about the ONLY thing I would have done different here is made the doors a little longer, about the same length as the ones on a 2dr.
Anyway, I'm suprised someone actually built one and pulled it off.
Wouldnt you end up with a regular 2 dr at that point? Any how the only thing they managed in pulling off was ruining a Nova. Poor car...

#26 ·
Now there was an older Chevy truck done years back that everything and every which was cut down and all done in proportion. It was if it was stuck in a machine and shrunk evenly. Talking about hard to do, now that would be very very hard to do, but they it was done right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.