Chevy Nova Forum banner

trim parts new carpet

7K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  pnice 
#1 ·
i layed down my new trim parts carpet today , wow , very very nice. i bought the ESSEX PREMIUM CUT PILE. i took out the old style cut loop , this is like carpet out of a new car today. i like it a lot better than the old style. if my car was all correct then id have the loop but its not soooo. the other thing nice about it is its one piece not 2 so i think it looks better... very heavy and durable...

See less See more
#4 ·
crap ,,, i thought i was done once, then i tore it all out to re do it... im REALLY done this time tho. :turn:.....now if i could only get those new gauges.. my whole dash is torn out and i sold my old cluster.... and all my other gauges...

#12 · (Edited)
i bought it direct from trim parts, its the essex cut pile carpet. it was 185.00 shipped... i looked at a lot of other places and couldnt find it any cheaper , actually most places were more, either the carpet was more or once the shipping got added in it was more.. or that dreaded thing they call sales tax.. and if i buy in ca i have to pay almost the highest sales tax in the nation , thanks to our state government that is REAL good at spending money but not good at all about spending it wisely...but its always easy to spend OTHER PEOPLES MONEY....http://www.trimparts.com/ also i forgot , that once you order they send you a 20% off coupon for your next purchase and a catalog

#13 ·
thanks... and no i didn't cover it. you should build one, when i started it i had no clue..but one of the members here told me it was easy and that kinda pushed me into it.. im glad i got that push, i love it, and now i have a radio that kicks ***, and i didn't have to cut up the dash or hide it under the seat,:no:

#18 ·
this fit was fantastic, it comes in a pretty small box , i thought it would take forever for it to lay flat , i tossed it in the sun for 20 minutes and then in the car it went, just be careful not to order the wrong one like i did, i only caught it when they sent the confirmation the next day, i ordered it with the 4 speed you don't want that unless you have the 4 speed. it was no problem as i called them right away and changed the part number, they make them as they are ordered.. once made its yours...and the cut pile is just amazing, it looks so good , hell i didn't even wanna put the seats in.. ha when you are ordering it says the Essex premium cut pile has an 25% up-charge , but it doesn't charge the extra 25% ... couldn't figure that out , but was glad ...

#20 ·
that's not good....id send it back and tell them to get the cat out of the warehouse , ill tell ya i like my new carpet and my new stereo/console i keep going out there just to sit in it and rock the garage for a while. my dash is still aprt waiting for my new gauges. so i cant drive it. took out all my sending units from all the old gauges too.

#28 ·
WHAT DID YOU LAY YOURS DOWN WITH (ADHESIVE)!
DID YOU USE ANY JUTE PADDING OR UNDERLAYMENT? I GOT SOUND DEADENER, SO I HOPE THAT WILL BE ENOUGH! IF ANYBODY KNOWS ANYTHING ELSE I MAY NEED, PM ME!

#29 ·
Carpet intstall

After reading this thread I ordered the same carpet for my car! I was the last one to not have to pay the 20% up charge! I was wondering when you laid your carpet did you remove your kick panels? Was the carpet easy to install? I had oer loop carpet and it was awful never laid flat and looked like crap! Thanks so much and great job your car is unreal!

#30 ·
After reading this thread I ordered the same carpet for my car! I was the last one to not have to pay the 20% up charge! I was wondering when you laid your carpet did you remove your kick panels? Was the carpet easy to install? I had oer loop carpet and it was awful never laid flat and looked like crap! Thanks so much and great job your car is unreal!
thanks, no i didnt remove the kick panels, i just pushed the carpet up underneath and it fit fine. i removed new loop carpet to put this stuff in , and i still have no regrets about doing it, this newer style carpet looks WAY better than the loop kind, plus its one piece , just let it sit out in the sun a while before you put it in , it will lay out much better for you. good choice you wont regret it....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#33 ·
I'm sorry for the lagging on my part to respond... I didn't know any question was on here till now. Anyways . He's right I did build it myself, I modeled it from another SNS members car, anyways anyone can build this ,if I did it,,,if ya have any other questions I promise to respond faster this time, again I apologize for that.....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.