64 LS swap - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Non-Technical > 1st & 2nd Generation Chevy II/Nova's

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 19th-June-2017, 06:11 PM   #1
freddiehebert
(OP)

Title: Nova Newbie
64 LS swap

Have 2003 Sierra 2500 6.0 thinking of putting in 64 Nova. Looking for anybody that has done this and has good link that shows what they used.
Car has stock front clip and steering. Car now has SBC 350 with Th350 trans
Questions I have:
Oil pan is there one that will work with factory front clip? Aftermarket pan?
Exhaust manifolds are there any factory ones that will work?
Intake will the truck one work or is it to tall and will hit hood? if it does hit
hood how much clearance is needed? might get aftermarket hood if
one of those will clear intake or run without for now.
Engine mounts ?
Flywheel?
Fuel pump?
Water pump? Would we just use factory type?
Front alternator bracket and what is needed to run belt?

I am a long time auto wrecker in the Sf bay area so if I can use a used part I do not mind. Any help on this would be great. Thanks in advance.

Also if I am forgetting to ask something important please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thanks Freddie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19th-June-2017, 07:38 PM   #2
batman09

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1967 LS3 & 1962 LSX wagon
Garage
Have you looked in the lsx forum?all the info you need is there..I did lsx swaps in both my cars with stock clips....read that forum...here is my wagon build..there will be some info there...if you are using stock steering..you need an 04-06 group pan....these can be had on ebay for around 250
http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums...d.php?t=308889

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1962 Nova wagon-----Lsx/4L60e
1967 Nova---LS3/4L70e
Old 19th-June-2017, 07:42 PM   #3
batman09

Garage
Ls1 accessories fit nice....the truck intake will fit under a stock hood.. headers...the only ones that fit nice are church boys racing...look at their website..if you buy their headers...he gives you engine plates...motor mounts use energy ls1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1967 Nova---LS3/4L70e

Old 19th-June-2017, 07:54 PM   #4
batman09

Garage
You will also need a engine wiring harness. .check out psi...if you don't have a computer these can be bought on ebay for $25....better look at brakes to..gonna need to stop with all that power...the Ls brake conversion works well and is cheap..especially if you work at a wrecking yard...98-02 camaro/firebird front and rears...is the wrecking yard off of evans

1967 Nova---LS3/4L70e
Old 19th-June-2017, 09:05 PM   #5
Mike93SVT

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): 1965 Nova
^^^^ he's got you covered

here's my build with a bunch of pics and parts used

Mike

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums...d.php?t=586698
Old 20th-June-2017, 02:18 PM   #6
freddiehebert
(OP)

Title: Nova Newbie
Thanks batman09

Yes we are off evans down at the end of davidson.
Thanks for the input.
I will look at the links you have given me/.
Please tell me more about the 98-02 camaro brakes? is it a painless change over ? do you have link on that. Or can you tell what needs to be used and what might need to be purchased. I have never heard anyone using brakes for any kind of change over.

Thanks Freddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman09 View Post
You will also need a engine wiring harness. .check out psi...if you don't have a computer these can be bought on ebay for $25....better look at brakes to..gonna need to stop with all that power...the Ls brake conversion works well and is cheap..especially if you work at a wrecking yard...98-02 camaro/firebird front and rears...is the wrecking yard off of evans
Old 20th-June-2017, 02:32 PM   #7
batman09

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddiehebert View Post
Yes we are off evans down at the end of davidson.
Thanks for the input.
I will look at the links you have given me/.
Please tell me more about the 98-02 camaro brakes? is it a painless change over ? do you have link on that. Or can you tell what needs to be used and what might need to be purchased. I have never heard anyone using brakes for any kind of change over.

Thanks Freddie
There is a couple of threads on here about the ls brake swaps...you will need to mill down front drum brake hubs alittle and buy a spacer for the rear (ebay)all the rest is used off the camaro..do a search..if you can't find the
I cam help

1967 Nova---LS3/4L70e
Sponsored Links
Advertisement