Chevy Nova Forum banner

LSx Engine Rally Point

171K views 594 replies 151 participants last post by  ModernDay67SS 
#1 · (Edited)
Everyone with an LSX style engine, post here and add everyone to your buddy list. Maybe everyone has except me. It would just be alot easier networking with others who have done this swap or are considering it.

post away

Kenneth

not sure if we can post emails in here but if we can lets add them too

See less See more
#579 ·
74 Nova
E85
LQ9
4L60E 2500stall
LS6 Intake
ZO6 Cam and springs
317 Heads
GM Performance Muscle car oil pan
Truck Harness modded by Current Performance Wiring
Truck Accy with swap waterpump From Foxlinders in AZ to use Car intake

Almost Done! within weeks i will be pounding the streets.
Im also gathering the parts to rear mount twin turbos considering running the AWD system from a TBSS.

#585 ·
I still have not converted to E85 just yet, but ive got just over 3000 miles on this set up and only had a few issues.

TAC Module went out within 100miles
just before 3000 miles my well built 4l60e broke the input shaft and drum. Its been replaced with hardened ones and is back on the road.

#580 ·
Building a 67 w-LS2 and 6 sp.

To tell the truth, my 67 I am building as my street car is not a nova, it's a Chevelle. Don't hate yet, I am also building a 66 nova drag car with a 496 big block w-glide.
So I am a club member, I just wanted to post in this thread and be able to talk to people who are also doing the same kinda swap as me.
I did a LT1 swap on the last street car and am in Love with the newer fuel injected cars so when I sold my 70 Chevelle the first purchase I made was a crate LS2 (07 vintage) and then fould a low mileage 6 speed out of a GTO. I have been working since April putting the 67 back together and am now starting body/paint work. I still have not fired the LS2 up but am now finishing up the last few systems.

Now for the problem. I didn't want to shell out the coin and buy new mounts and compressor to move it up out of the way (wish now I had) of the frame. I need to buy a block/header/manifold that will bolt up to the 2010 corvette AC compressor that came with my "accessorly drive kit" from GM. I am having a heck of a time finding it. I have purchased one from a vette dismantler back east and it is in transit now so maybe. I tried all AC shops, Docs Blocks, etc. to no avail. Is there anybody else who used the original compressor and left it down low? :confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k632/cooperhw/67 Chevelle Pro Street Hot Rod/

http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k632/cooperhw/67 Chevelle Pro Street Hot Rod/

#581 ·
I've done a few LS swaps.

First was a 79 Camaro with a LS1/4L60E.
Next a 98 Wrangler with 4.8/Ax15.
After that a 99 Wrangler with a 6.0/4L60E.
Then got tired of the 5 speed in the 98 Wrangler and put in a LS6/4L60E.
Next was a L92/TKO600 in a 67 Nova. Changed it to a LS1/4l60E.
Still working on a 73 Camaro with a L92/TKO600 swap.

So much fun.

#582 ·
Put me in Coach, I'm ready to play!

After 20+ years being involved with dirt circle track cars (racing/building/owning) we decide to take on a new project. After searching 1000's of car adds online, we found this 64 (20 miles from home). I know I cheated a little bit as the body and interior were mostly done ( I am not very good at these things) but the motor and car needed some work. Thought I had it running good, we had a blast at Goodguys and Carcraft, the hook was set very deep. After about 700 miles of summer fun, the gear drive decided it was time leave us and it left us on the side of the road.

After much researching and pondering I found an all alum LS1 to install. Then I found this site and now I feel a whole lot better about the project. The knowledge shared here is priceless. I hope you all bear with me as I take this project on and ask questions. I promise to use the search function first!

#583 ·
First off welcome to the site, second, welcome to the darkside. This forum was created a few months ago just for LS swaps into Novas, so you are in the right place.

There is another site that that is a warehouse of information at www.ls1tech.com but it's all kinds of swaps, not just Novas, all the Nova nuts are in here...LOL

Feel free to ask any questions you want. The dumbest question is the one never asked.......

T,

After 20+ years being involved with dirt circle track cars (racing/building/owning) we decide to take on a new project. After searching 1000's of car adds online, we found this 64 (20 miles from home). I know I cheated a little bit as the body and interior were mostly done ( I am not very good at these things) but the motor and car needed some work. Thought I had it running good, we had a blast at Goodguys and Carcraft, the hook was set very deep. After about 700 miles of summer fun, the gear drive decided it was time leave us and it left us on the side of the road.

After much researching and pondering I found an all alum LS1 to install. Then I found this site and now I feel a whole lot better about the project. The knowledge shared here is priceless. I hope you all bear with me as I take this project on and ask questions. I promise to use the search function first!

#588 ·
Add me to the group! ...... I just hauled home today a '05 5.3 & 4L60E to slide in my Wagon.

From Drag Strip to Daily Driver, the overhaul has begun.

Cheers! :clap:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.