Chevy Nova Forum banner

A New Beginning

27K views 175 replies 45 participants last post by  dlezama 
#1 · (Edited)
Well we got a few donor cars and are gonna use the best parts out of those cars.
One is a 1975 ln and one is a 76. The 75 is a bucket seat and console car. the interior is alright but it has been sitting for 10 years. My personal prize possession out of the cars is in the trunk of the 75 was a complete interior minus dash pad and bezel. we also got all glass except for the front because we will just get new. we will take the roof off of one of the cars to put on mine. Any questions just ask.

See less See more
#30 ·
Rocker moldings!!

Congratulations!!! GREAT work!! I had never seen a fully sandblasted 4th gen... IMHO I would go with a metallic color, medium or light tone... Ive always thought they look best with the lines of the 4th gen.
You can see mine at http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194780

I was wondering if you plan to part with the rocker moldings off the burgundy parts car? If so, please PM me, we can work something out, Im very interested!
(Also the rectangular seatback ornaments in the black interior if you dont plan on using em...)

Daniel

#31 ·
Congratulations!!! GREAT work!! I had never seen a fully sandblasted 4th gen... IMHO I would go with a metallic color, medium or light tone... Ive always thought they look best with the lines of the 4th gen.
You can see mine at http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194780

I was wondering if you plan to part with the rocker moldings off the burgundy parts car? If so, please PM me, we can work something out, Im very interested!
(Also the rectangular seatback ornaments in the black interior if you dont plan on using em...)

Daniel
Thanks for the compliments. The rocker moldings were in very bad shape so I didn't keep them when we junked it. The black interior is going to be used on my car, sorry I couldn't help.Jacob

#32 ·
Well we have made quite a bit of progress this last month and the outcome is for the better... we got the sub-frame sand blasted along with the upper and lower a-arms. we have done lots of painting and are getting pretty good at it:yes:. We took and used the POR-15 on the sub,a-arms and sway bar. we got the powersteering cleaned up and on. the brake lines are cleaned. all new moog steering equip. we painted a lot gloss black and everything that is grey is plasti-cote cast look. besides the brake dust shields them are painted with aluminum paint. i hope you like our progress!!!!!!:yes:

#36 ·
Here's a little progress update.We have the fenders ready for block sanding and the smaller parts sanded and primed.My hood is not so good so I'm looking for another one.We also have the radiator support hammered and dollied out from the fire dept. opening my hood with a CROW bar,but hey they did save it enough.I've had prom the last two weekends and working alot so not to much free time.:no:

#39 · (Edited)
Ok, Sorry for the Long awaited update. we have just been busy getting this car blocked out and finding time to have to ourselves. with me working at night and my father works during the day, time is very limited. but we are getting really close!!:yes: i would say the end of the month to the begining of August it should have some color on it!!! I did finally decide on a color it should look very nice!!! right now we are working on blocking out the hood. then we got to go over it again with 600 grit (i think) and go from there!! My plan is to have the firewall body color and i will black out the windows just no tint at this time. For you guys that did paint your window trim peices what did you use for paint. as in like semi-gloss, or flat? just curious.

Hood being blocked

This is the color inseid the house and it is very close to the 2012 porsche red

This is it outside

Oh and we also had to paint my tail light housings because of them being a little charred. the one on the right is painted and the one on the left is not.

A little graduation present from my parents

and i bought this from DAVID_H, we just blasted it and painted it.

My dads car at a local cruise we have every year. ( they said about 300-400 cars showed up)

#49 ·
Thanks for the comments. :yes: im extremely happy with the way it turned out and now i cant wait to do the body!!! the color is exactly what i was looking for not orange but not bright red but still pops in the light!!!! its been a long time comming and its all comming together very nicely!!! we have been looking on ebay and buying things for the car; like we recently bought an NOS shifter knob that is in very nice shape and got it cheaper than a repop so im happy with that!!! we have been blasting parts and painting them and putting them up and its just a super long process but while we are this far we are doing the best we can!!!!

All masked up

Hopefully sometime in september we will have it all painted and back in our own grage to start on the wiring and interior!!!! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.