Chevy Nova Forum banner

A New Beginning

27K views 175 replies 45 participants last post by  dlezama 
#1 · (Edited)
Well we got a few donor cars and are gonna use the best parts out of those cars.
One is a 1975 ln and one is a 76. The 75 is a bucket seat and console car. the interior is alright but it has been sitting for 10 years. My personal prize possession out of the cars is in the trunk of the 75 was a complete interior minus dash pad and bezel. we also got all glass except for the front because we will just get new. we will take the roof off of one of the cars to put on mine. Any questions just ask.

See less See more
#13 ·
Well havent Posted in a while, because of school and work but i am making progress on disassembly. got the interior all gutted and the engine and tranny are also out, so now what we have left is to replace the roof and replace the dash then get it blasted to get the surface rust off. then were gonna put the bucket seat bracing and also the tracks. and this is where we are so far....
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

#14 ·
Finally got back to working on the car after the winter break and got the new roof on and the bucket seat and console brackets in.. next step is to clean up the interior metal a bit better then talk to the sand blaster guy to see what he can do, then install the new dash and prime, seal ,and paint the interior.
then to the good ol' body work and trying to find a color that i can be definate on!!!!!:yes:

BEFORE

AFTER

INBETWEEN

And to view more pics of my project please visit http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff366/Jake57h/my Nova/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

#16 ·
Wow....You are deep. Looks like your are going to end up with a nice nova. :thumbsup: I Love seeing the 4th gens restored and saved from the crushers. I See more and more quality restorations being done now days on my favorite Gen and it makes me proud to own one.:cool:

#21 ·
That is my only update so far!! Got hit with some snow and a cold at the same time but within the next few weeks are going to take it to the sandblaster so he can do the inside panels. And with me working 25-30 hours a week and filling out scholarships and stuff time is very short for me!!! I will post pics with updates when I can!!!:yes:

#22 · (Edited)
This past week we have done a little more. We took the car to get sand blasted then after sucking the sand out and blowing the sand out we etched pirmed the interior and anywhere that was bare. We also got the new dash in. now over this next week we are going to put a new seam sealer in then try primeing the interior. Here is our work so far.........
Bare Metal

Etched Prime

#24 ·
Great job so far, keep it up! I know that I can't wait to be at this stage of my build - won't be until at least next year, maybe the year after.:( But it looks like you are doing it right and it should be a good car for a long, long time.

#26 ·
OK Uptade time!!!!!:yes:
Over the past few weeks we have been finding a few hours after school and work to get stoething done. we have put the majority of seam sealer in and have started the body work. We are trying to make the panels as straight as possible so far so good.:yes: Tonight we got the first coat of primer on and will start block sanding and repeat until almost perfect. I have quickly found out that choosing a color is very hard but im just stuck between to colors Red and Blue. Not sure which one yet but i know either will look great:cool:. here are a few pics...:D

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.