Chevy Nova Forum banner

Did any year novas come with rear deffogger?

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  venturesomerite 
#1 ·
For the rear windshild?

Thanks Jarred

#3 ·
Sure did...take out your rear tray cover and you'll see mounting holes for the grill and fan between the speaker holes.

I got lucked and pulled an entire assembly from a 75 something or other (skylark?) for $10 at a local pull-apart. The switch alone pulls almost 4x that much $ on ebay.

I've used it quite a bit, very handy indeed!

#5 ·
I've only been able to get one out of a hatchback out of a salvage yard and it was out of a 74 GTO. I also got another one from a coupe and like Bscman said on the coupes the one side has a round hole and a square hole and the stud spacing also works for installing a 6x9 speaker.

The other ones I have for hatchbacks are from dealerships. Here's a link to the shots of one of the kits I have:

http://rides.webshots.com/album/555174962lHuKhP

On the hatchbacks if you ever take the side panel off there are ridges molded into the plastic on the backside to locate the cuts for adding the defroster. There are also similiar ridges on the other side for the optional rear 4x10 speaker.

Jim

#7 ·
I just got the complete switch & wiring from another member here and it is like brand new!!!I still have my original blower motor,it's 69.

#8 ·
give me your throughts please

now the real question any one got an extra?

I figure it will be kind of hard to find one but I was thinking I have a box for some subwoofers the guy before put built it and put it right behind the rear seat to where the hatch closes so you can not see what is in the trunk. I took the subs out sold them (I don't like the loud bass crap personaly).

I throught I could put the defogger on the top of the box and reupholster it and there would be more then enough air flow for it.

I was thinking of finding one from any early 70's chevy, buick, pontiac, ect. so the swith will fit in with my dash. does this seem like an good idea????

#9 ·
not a very good box, sealed with great stuff, expansion = less space throwing off the cuft. liquid nails is the **** to use. Looks like it was a ported box which means one of two things, he was good and it worked well, or he had no idea (looks like taht to me becasue of the foam)
just seel the box and make a new peice, its always gonna look like a sub box with a defooger on it unless you really take it apart, where you should just make a sutome fit one for what you need it for anyways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.