Chevy Nova Forum banner

hidden wiper motor and heater blower motor questions for 1st gen.

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  66 BADBOY 
#1 ·
frank (frank's L79) came by then other day to view my 63 wagon build and suggested that there are "other" options for wiper motors and heater boxes that might compliment my engine bay and remove some of the clutter.
who makes a kit that will re-locate my wiper motor to the underside of the dash and does a smaller/better heater box exist that removes the fan blower motor from sticking through the firewall? i'm not really planning on putting air conditioning into the car,but i might entertain the idea if it's a requirement to switch out the ugly and "very visible" heater fan motor.
what kits or specific parts work and will the system maintain it's reliability?
thanks,
leftcoast carl.

#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I was planning on hiding my heater setup as well. Looked at it about 2 years ago, and had a plan.........except I can't find the pics that drew up!!!

From memroy, I was planning on splitting my heater box setup in half at the bolt seams, (motor in one half, heater core in the other), rotating the motor section so the motor is on the bottom, and fabbing up an "interchange box" so the two halves can bolt back together. I'm also going to flip my heater core over so the hoses run behind the passenger side fender well, and then enter the engine bay in a left to right fashion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.