Chevy Nova Forum banner

Am I missing something???

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  6T6NOVA 
#1 ·
I have the Covan Classic or Classic Dash radio delete stick on piece for my dash that is housing two gauges. It sticks on with double sided tape. The hole where the radio should do is too big and looks like there may have been a piece that bolts in with four screws that I am missing. Can anyone tell me by looking at this picture?
Thank you for any help in advance!
Tom

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
It does look like some of the metal has been cut out. Which makes the hole larger. Looking at your picture, you have much more 3M double stick tape on your panel than mine did. I will try to get you a picture. My radio hole does not look like yours. I have all three of Covan's pieces on my 66. Dash, radio delete and glove box door cover.

Bryan

#6 ·
Hey Brian. I just saw that you posted. What is the white part in the radio area? Is that what the double sided tape is sticking to? I think our radio holes are the same size but the tape on my Covan radio delete wont even touch any of the meatal surrounding the hole. I guess I need to fab something to mount it to. Just not really sure what to do. Thanks for the pics. Your car looks really clean.
Tom

#7 ·
I put the white paper in the hole in order for the metal dash EDGES to show up better for the picture. Otherwise you will see some wires and defrost tubes.

Tom thanks for the cuddos.

I pulled all the sticky tape off of my delete cover. I bought some small round magnets. I put them in the four corners to hold my cover on. This way once I mount the Stereo in the hole, the delete cover will hide it. This way, I can pull the cover off to access the stereo.

I guess you will need to add some metal around the edges. Maybe get some 1/4 inch angle metal strips from the hardware store and use some JB weld to attach them to the sides of the opening. This way the delete cover will have something to stick to.

Bryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.