Chevy Nova Forum banner

Hello from East Tennessee!

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  admin 
#1 ·
Haven't seen alot of people from TN. Well, here's my story. I had a 1971 Nova straight 6 in high school. Loved it, had it about 5 years, intended to keep it FOREVER...
I rolled it. That really stunk!
Aproximately 15 yrs later, with a Nova on my Christmas list every year. My husband bought me one for our anniversay. Isn't he GREAT!
I don't know much about cars or restoration, but have learned all I could throughout the years.
It's a 1971, supposed to be a Rally, but I don't know for sure. I don't really care if it is or not, but it would be nice. It has ps, pb and factory air. It needs ALOT of work, but my husband is confident we can do it. I can't wait to take it for a drive. Here are some pics after we stripped it.

See less See more
#14 ·
Welcome to the site,my first Nova was purchased from my aunt.We have quite a few female car hobbiest in my family and it's cool to meet more especially Nova ones!:yes:

As far as I know 71 was the first as mentioned,more for marketing as the big power was gone by this time and they were selling them more for the cosmetics.I would ssay that car is Rally Nova looking at the paint and striping.(looks original):yes:

#15 ·
According to the trim tag it was originally Antique Green and Antique White. Everything points to an authentic Rally, but from what I have reserched there is no way to know for sure without a solid history or build sheet. Don't have any of that, but like I said, it doesn't really matter to me. I was only looking for a 71, mainly sentimental. I just lucked up on the Rally part.

#17 ·
Hey 71novalady , welcome to the site . A bunch of Nova knowledge from these guys . They will answer pretty much everything you ask . My father in-law lives near the poor old Atomic Speedway . He has a bunch of motor stuff if you are in need . You all might know him , he used to sandblast for a guy out of Kingston . I also live down here in Ooltewah . Great looking car you have there . Good luck with the build . :)

Later Tony

#20 ·
Very Nice

That is a sweet looking Nova you have. I can sense that you're passionate about the car. Good luck with the restoration. If you need help, holler in the regional section. You are in a great spot between TN and GA nova nuts, there will be plenty of help available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.