Chevy Nova Forum banner

build sheet

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  SparkysSS 
G
#1 ·
what does it look like? I think I found mine behind the rear seat cushion its torn and crumpled up but I can read most of it. I was kind of amased to see it because the interior had been replaced once. I know because the original door panels were under the new. I will try to fix it enough to scan and post it maybe someone can tell me something new about my car. Thanks.

#2 ·
1967something?

That is probably a Fisher Body Buildsheet. Post it or email it to me and I should be able to get most of it decoded for you. These were different sizes of the years. 68 and later are 4" x 8" or so.

It has been awhile since I last saw an earlier one.

Greg R.

#3 ·
67 build sheet

1967something? said:
what does it look like? I think I found mine behind the rear seat cushion its torn and crumpled up but I can read most of it. I was kind of amased to see it because the interior had been replaced once. I know because the original door panels were under the new. I will try to fix it enough to scan and post it maybe someone can tell me something new about my car. Thanks.
I also found the original (assembly line printout) build sheet for my car stuffed in the springs of the rear seat. It measures approx. 4" X 8". It contains the Sequence number, the build date for the car, the body style number, the body number, trim code, and paint code, and various boxes for the group numbers or option codes.

#5 ·
Build sheet

Nova Research said:
SparkysSS;

Would love to see it. Email or post a pic and I can decode most of it for you. Would like to add it to the research database.

Greg R.
Greg: PM me your email address, I'd be glad to share the info. I have been able to decode most of it just comparing it to the items/options and factory codes for my car. It all checks out. I can give you more detailed info after. Sheet is very brown from age of course, but still readable, I don't think a picture would show the printing as it also is getting faint. I laminated it to protect and preserve it, as the paper was getting brittle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.