Chevy Nova Forum banner

350-400hp 350 rebuild

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  FNG 
#1 ·
I have a 0010 bock 30 over fresh from the shop. I was wanting to get 350-400hp out of the engine. I figured you guys would be the best to ask. I know in summit they have the eagle rotating assemblies for like $650. I also have a set of 2.02 dubble hump heads im going to put in the shop and have rebuilt and ported and polished. I was wondering if you guys could give me some info on where to shop and info on getting 400hp out of a 350.

#8 ·
You probably would need a full roller valvetrain.
There's another thing you don't need to waste money on if only shooting for 400 h.p.
Get some decent heads and a fairly mild hydraulic cam--400 h.p. doesn't take a lot of expensive stuff.
Check out much you'll waste cleaning up and porting an iron head versus buying a set of heads like Patriot's that start at $795.
The Eagle kit you show looks more complete than the Scat; either one is plenty for what you want to do.

#9 ·
vortec heads are an idea

http://ryanscarpage.50megs.com/combos1.html

I like 108 & 109

I have a 4 bolt main GM 350 vortec roller block and GM salvage yard 062 Vortec heads and 26918-16 comp beehive valve springs, and the GM roller lifters. and I have a GM 350cid 1 Piece Rear Main forged crank. I see those GM Hot cams new take outs or a new one is around $200 I think there a LT1 cam, I have the cam # if you want it.

#10 ·
#11 ·
I desided im going to try and sell the heads i got. I also desided to also hold back on ordering right now. Im going to try and wait till next week so i can efford the kit with h-beam rods. I was wondering whats the best rotating assmbly kit for around $1000 try and get 500hp out of and still be a street/strip car.

#13 ·
I didnt read everyones post but...
Double hump heads were made for a 327. Those, plus the price of getting them done...valve job, hardened seats, screw in stud machining...= the price of new better heads already. Then port and polish them...for what you have into them you could buy a nice set of Dart heads or equivilant for less and have a better flowing head.....with accesory holes and valve cover rails raised. Iron or not.
You can get a set of Dart Iron Eagles pretty cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.