Chevy Nova Forum banner

How much to reupholster my seats???

12K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  270win 
#1 ·
I've got a 72 Nova with blue interior with bench seats. The driver's side of the front is shot and it needs spring/padding work as well. A local shop quoted me $700 to rebuild/recover the front and back seats close to original. If I could find good factory style covers and padding I'd try to do it myself.

What do you guys think it should cost for me to get mine redone? I was thinking about possibly switching aftermarket to buckets but that would only be temporary. I'd rather just do it right and do it once.

#13 ·
I would gladly pay $1,800 for someone to make mine look like that!!!

My interior is blue, I need a dash pad, carpet and sound proofing, door handles, headliner, dash repainted, package tray and the front/back benches redone. Most of it I can do myself but the seats need professional help...besides, I can't find anyone that makes the right seat cover for it.

#16 ·
Classic Industries has the seat covers if you wanna do them yourself. I had Autocraft Upholstery Co. in Morrow, GA do my seats, door panels & visors. I am happy with the results as well as their price.
I can't pull up your pics from my phone but I'll look at them tonight. Would you mind sharing what you paid for the work? If not here maybe a PM? I'm just trying to get an idea.

Thanks!

#18 ·
There use to be lady in Griffin that was real good. I use to live there. If I can find her name I will post it for you. Thanks for the good word on mine still working on it. Got to get the air working and a few other little things and all will be good.

#20 ·
I took all the ac parts out of mine during the engine swap. I still have it all but I'm hesitant to put it back in because of the under the hood space that it costs me. It used to take me an hour and a half to change plugs because of the two back right plugs...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.