Chevy Nova Forum banner

Hello fron New Jersey!

2K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  scott67 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello from New Jersey!

Hello everyone,

Thought I would take a minute and say hello to everyone. Not new to the sight but never posted before.
I have a '73 SS that I bought about a year and a half ago and am having a blast with it! I have had motorcycles all my life and have had more fun in the past 18 months with this car than I have ever had with bikes. Even the wife and kids get a kick out of going places in the nova.
Any how I just bought a new engine, well most of one, for the car and am excited to get started with the engine swap. Prob wont actually do the swap till the spring but im just really excited about this and wanted to get started posting some pics and asking some stupid questions :)
The engine I got is a ZZ2 350 short block with forged crank and hyperutectic pistons and a cam already installed and a bunch of other stuff to go along. Like Edlebrock performer rpm heads, performer rpm intake, B&M 2400 torque conv, flywheel and some other stuff.
Ok fist question. On the end of the cam where the timing chain goes on does there need to be a cam button? or does the bracket that is already there hold the cam in place? Should have a pic of what im talking about.
Thanks for your input and you can look forward to more silly questions as I get farther into this.
Thanks again

Ok im really stupid, how do I add pics to this?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.