Model: Chevy II 2dr Sedan 300 series

Engine: LT1 350ci w/ZZ4 cam

Body/Exterior: BASF Glasurit paint

Front End: CPP A-arms/2" drop spindles/discs

Transmission: 4L60E AOD

Rear End: Narrowed '94 Camaro w/disc brakes, 3.73 Posi

Exhaust: Sanderson Headers and 2 1/2" exhaust

Wheels/Tires: Front:16x7 205/50/16, Rear: 17x9.5 275/50/17

Interior: Modified dash, '02 Pontiac Frt & Rr leather seats, metal "Chevrolet" scripts in doors

Electrical: Modified factory LT1 harness, everything rerouted

Accessories/Options: Vintage Air, Cruise, late model delay wipers

Sound system: Exhaust

Additional Comments: Purchased original rust free Chevy II w/49,000 miles in '95. Changing ever since. Mini tubbed, narrowed rear end, LT1 install, Vintage A/C, suspension, etc, etc, etc over several years. In 2009 total disassemble for repaint, completed late 2011, but is a car ever done? Has run 12.88 in 1/4 mile. Expecting to put more build pics on later. Enjoying all the stuff you guys post!

See less See more
#21 ·
Wiper Motor, can see in pic on firewall, came from '93 up Camaro. Probably a lot of other GM cars use the same unit. Inside the wiper motor cover, 1 contact for the motor needs to be disabled so it will not backup when parking to drop down lower into the cowl. Removed the rotating cam/crank arm section from the later motor unit and adapted the stock crank arm from the Chevy II so the stroke would be the same and connect to wiper connecting arm. For electrical switch, see pic, adapted the original Chevy II switch to the column switch from the later. So when you twist the switch, it's the same as twisting the later turn signal/wiper switch control. You could also just wire an original switch direct to the new motor for just the high speed circuit to keep it simple. Or use factory resistor values and make your own switching delay circuits to adapt. Detroit Speed also has a late wiper and switch setup, at least for Camaros. That will probably run you a bit more than fabbing your self though. That's part of the fun on these projects.

Will be putting more pics of interior and stuff sometime later. Not sure when I'll get to that though. It's going to get busy after Christmas Hope you all had a good Christmas.
Thanks everyone for the nice comments! Jim

#10 ·

year: 1962

model: Chevy ii 2dr sedan 400 series

engine: Lt1 350ci w/zz4 cam

body/exterior: Basf glasurit paint

front end: Cpp a-arms/2" drop spindles/discs

transmission: 4l60e aod

rear end: Narrowed '94 camaro w/disc brakes, 3.73 posi

exhaust: Sanderson headers and 2 1/2" exhaust

wheels/tires: Front:16x7 205/50/16, rear: 17x9.5 275/50/17

interior: Modified dash, '02 pontiac frt & rr leather seats, metal "chevrolet" scripts in doors

electrical: Modified factory lt1 harness, everything rerouted

accessories/options: Vintage air, cruise, late model delay wipers

sound system: Exhaust

additional comments: Purchased original rust free chevy ii w/49,000 miles in '95. Changing ever since. Mini tubbed, narrowed rear end, lt1 install, vintage a/c, suspension, etc, etc, etc over several years. In 2009 total disassemble for repaint, completed late 2011, but is a car ever done? Has run 12.88 in 1/4 mile. Expecting to put more build pics on later. Enjoying all the stuff you guys post!
she clean me likey mucho.

#16 ·
Jim hope you don't mind me telling!
Yes, the Chevrolet script is from old valve covers!

Seen this car in person a few times and these pictures do not do justice to it!

Super clean build with lots of little things like the script that make you think!:yes::yes:

Mark

#19 ·
Yep, as Mark says for the radiator cover used the center raised section from old valve covers and formed the rest from sheet steel.

Mark, when we first met is was back around '02, I had just swapped in the LT1. Chevy II was still original lt blue, no mini tub, still had bench seat etc. Always good to see you! Jim

#22 ·

I have learned that JZWhite attended the 2012 Back To The 50's Nationals at the State Fairgrounds, in St. Paul, MN last summer. I checked my car show photo collection and found that I had taken a photo of his car. As I recall, it is extraordinarily clean and very well executed.

-Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.