Chevy Nova Forum banner

Valvefloater in Utah Buzzbomb Gasser Project 65 Chevy II

3K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  TPNova 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I live in Utah with my family, wife, daughter (18) and son (12). I am a mechanic and have been working on my 65 Chevy II for 2 years now. I have been checking out the rides on this site for a while and thought I would introduce myself, show my car and perhaps get advice on my build.

This is my pride and joy car, I have plans on installing a solid front axle and a kind of vintage appearance. I have learned alot about these cars and hope to learn alot more. I put it together with a floor jack in my driveway. The engine was assembled by a friend if mine who owns a shop in Ogden, Utah. He also built my Ford 9" rear. His website is www.fasttimesmotorsports.com a really valuable friend who has a dyno, deals in forced induction, fabrication, rat rods, engine building and lots of knowledge on these cars. I just wanted to give credit where it is due. Everything else I have done on my spare time.
I thought Buzzbomb would be a cool name for it, I work on military aircraft and have always loved vintage hot rods and WWII fighter aircraft.

I plan on taking it to the local dragstrip here in hope to set a spark in my son, who has shown alot of promise on his motorcycles and go carts.

Please take the time to check out my pictures say hello if you like. I am up for suggestions or questions as long as it is constructive. I see alot of really nice cars on here, I know my car needs alot more work but it sure has come a long way. It is a blast to drive and is very quick. Just got my new drivetrain in and working out bugs but runs great. The photos need updating, but you get the idea. I will keep current on where I am at. Thanks for checking it out and very happy to be here!:D

Current Vehicles:
2002 GMC Sierra 4x4 (mine)
1995 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 (wifes)
1992 BMW 325i Convertible (wifes)
1989 Suzuki Swift GTi (my gas saver hotrod beater)
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan Custom (mine)
1965 Chevy II sedan (my baby)

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey Gary, thanks for the warm welcome. Just checking out the site last night I already got alot of useful info. Glad to see I am not alone in my love for these cars.
I checked out your photos of your Nova, man what a sweet car. Must be alot of fun to drive. Looks new. You probably have alot of time, money and hard work in it. Aahhh, one day! Makes me feel good that you took the time to say "hello". Keep in touch!

#4 ·
:welcome::waving: TO SNS TONS OF KNOWLEDGE, KNOWHOW, EXPERT ADVICE AND SKILLED CRAFTSMANSHIP HERE.
ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT CARS OR UNRELATED TOPICS ON PRACTICALLY ANYTHING AND IT WILL BE ANSWERED. :yes:

:thumbsup:

#5 ·
Thanks glad to be here!

Yea, lovin' SNS already, I like the fact it covers so many type of builds. I am in the process of building my car into a gasser, and there are others here that have done it or in the process. You have original, race, restored, pro street, project and down right strange Nova/Chevy IIs on here. :turn: I love it. I do have alot of extra rare parts for a 65, but I need 25 posts to list them for sale. I don't think that would be a problem.

California, NICE, you live in the mecca of hot rods and classic cars. I have noticed there are alot of members from Canada, that is great. I have lived in South Texas most of my life, I moved to Utah about 9 years ago, the car scene here is weak compared to San Antonio and Austin Texas. I love my car, I see there are people as passionate as I about these sweet little cars.

Asteeler4life, thank you for taking the time to welcome me. I will check out your car.

#11 ·
Welcome Valvefloater

Welcome to Steve's Valvefloater. I am also building a home garage special. I have been on it a little over a year now.:turn: It gets too darn hot down here in Phoenix during the summer to get much work done. Gotta wait till cooler weather.
FYI, I did not see any pictures posted with your ad. I would love to see them. Maybe you can PM me? I will attach pics of my car know lovingly as "RUSTY NUTZ".:yes:
Anyhow, guys like us doing our own thing, in our own garage, are the backbone of the hobby as far as I am concerned. So Welcome Brother.

http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k632/cooperhw/My 66 Nova Drag Car 2011/

#15 ·
Welcome to Steve's Valvefloater. I am also building a home garage special. I have been on it a little over a year now.:turn: It gets too darn hot down here in Phoenix during the summer to get much work done. Gotta wait till cooler weather.
FYI, I did not see any pictures posted with your ad. I would love to see them. Maybe you can PM me? I will attach pics of my car know lovingly as "RUSTY NUTZ".:yes:
Anyhow, guys like us doing our own thing, in our own garage, are the backbone of the hobby as far as I am concerned. So Welcome Brother.

http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k632/cooperhw/My 66 Nova Drag Car 2011/
Funny Wayne you have to wait for it to cool down and here in Mo. we have to wait for it to warm up LOL

http://s1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd367/mrfttmuscle/

#13 ·
Welcome!

Can't wait to see the "Gasser"!
You guys work fast!:D a couple of years... man I feel bad, I've been on my for years!

start asking any questions someone should be able to help out!

Mark

#19 ·
Hello,

I live in Utah with my family, wife, daughter (18) and son (12). I am a mechanic and have been working on my 65 Chevy II for 2 years now. I have been checking out the rides on this site for a while and thought I would introduce myself, show my car and perhaps get advice on my build.

This is my pride and joy car, I have plans on installing a solid front axle and a kind of vintage appearance. I have learned alot about these cars and hope to learn alot more. I put it together with a floor jack in my driveway. The engine was assembled by a friend if mine who owns a shop in Ogden, Utah. He also built my Ford 9" rear. His website is www.fasttimesmotorsports.com a really valuable friend who has a dyno, deals in forced induction, fabrication, rat rods, engine building and lots of knowledge on these cars. I just wanted to give credit where it is due. Everything else I have done on my spare time.
I thought Buzzbomb would be a cool name for it, I work on military aircraft and have always loved vintage hot rods and WWII fighter aircraft.

I plan on taking it to the local dragstrip here in hope to set a spark in my son, who has shown alot of promise on his motorcycles and go carts.

Please take the time to check out my pictures say hello if you like. I am up for suggestions or questions as long as it is constructive. I see alot of really nice cars on here, I know my car needs alot more work but it sure has come a long way. It is a blast to drive and is very quick. Just got my new drivetrain in and working out bugs but runs great. The photos need updating, but you get the idea. I will keep current on where I am at. Thanks for checking it out and very happy to be here!:D

Current Vehicles:
2002 GMC Sierra 4x4 (mine)
1995 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 (wife's)
1992 BMW 325i Convertible (wife's)
1989 Suzuki Swift GTi (my gas saver hotrod beater)
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan Custom (mine)
1965 Chevy II sedan (my baby)

Hey there,

Love the Gasser look on 1st Gen. Chevy II,s, considering the same for my "65" Hardtop. Always good to see others from Utah

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.