Chevy Nova Forum banner

Hoosier quick time pro or Hoosier drag radial or MT ET street drag radials?

35K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Slow 73 
#1 ·
What would be your choice and why? I have an older set of quick time pro's on my camaro right now that I don't trust to run down the track due to age and some minor dry rot.

Some info on the car

3600# camaro
Mini tubbed
S&W ladder bars and coil overs
90/10 Drag shocks up front
SB 383 aluminum heads making between 550 to 600hp at the crank
TH350 with custom built 8" ATI treemaster 4800 stall
12 bolt with moser 33 spline axles, Moser full spool and moser pro series 4.56 gears

Here is my lead sled in all its glory. The Hoosier quick time pro's on the car now fit perfect. They are 29X14.50-15 which have a 12" tread width. A lot of people dont like 2nd gens but I love this car. Bought it when I was 18 and am now 30. :eek:

See less See more
#2 ·
I LOVE THE SECOND GENS! I have owned two a 78 and 79.

Me personally, for what you are doing with the car, I would go with MT Drag Radials, they seem to last longer than the Hoosiers, the H's side wall goes out much quicker for a street/ strip car. If it were a strip car and not much street time, I would go with the H's slick. JMO

NICE CAMARO... more pics :yes:

#4 · (Edited)
I have been reading the MT's sidealls seem to last longer on a heavy car than the hoosiers. I will have to think about which way to go. I know the quick time pro's hook like a MOFO and dont really drive to bad on the street. hmmmmmm decisions!

Thanks you may have seen the car in person before at jimmy cone. I dont have many pictures of what I call the "true" color. The car looks similar to candy in the bright sun but it does not show up to well on camera.

There is Brent at the front of the car. He is the one with the black ops nova at 75-80

#5 ·

Drag Radials...Stable, minimal burnout, no tire wrinkle, no traffic tickets, dead hook! I've only spun ONCE this season...And that was because someone dripped anti-freeze in front of me:rolleyes:

My car hooks on rubber peeling, sun beaten tracks with bald spots everywhere...Even with travel limiters.

#6 ·
Dont go there

Thats the one thing everybody in our circle cant agree on .
I have tryed them all and i like hoosier quick times,every body that i know that runs drag radials claim their the best hands down.
Sorry dont like them.:no:

#8 ·
Thats the one thing everybody in our circle cant agree on .
I have tryed them all and i like hoosier quick times,every body that i know that runs drag radials claim their the best hands down.
Sorry dont like them.:no:

Why don't you like them?

Radials will find every flaw in your car. If you spin on a radial in your average 10/11 second and slower car I hate to break it to you, but you it's your car, not the tire.

Figure out your suspension and radials are the best:D

#7 ·
In the order of best performing

For a DOT Tire

M/T ET Streets (Very poor street handling) Great Hook Up
Hoosier Quick Time (poor Street handling) Good hook Up (little harder tire than M/T)
Hoosier Drag Radial ( Great for street driving) Fair hook up, very track sensitive
M/T radial (Great street driving) Fair hook up, Very track sensitive

I have had all 4!

I run real M/T slicks for the track
I run Hoosier Drag Radials for DOT class at track
And have a set of Cooper Cobra for everyday driving.

IMO
AL

#12 ·
For the first time last year I finally decided to keep track of how many runs I get out of my tires. The last race of last year my car started getting real loose. By the end of the day I had 87 runs on my Mickey Thompsons and I was probably doing a bit bigger burnout than I needed but I was in no way giving John Force a run for his money. Beginning of this year I noticed cords showing at 101 runs. After purchase price plus mounting and balancing that equated to $3.40 per run. Just bought a set of Hoosiers to see if they would last longer. So far I have 32 runs on them and they look good, we'll see how long they last.

#15 ·
Ive only run MT, but a couple different friends have ran the hoosiers. The hoosiers seem to wear faster, dry out if not properly cared for. But they do hook.

pretty sure Joe is running the et street radial with great success.

#16 ·
I have only ever run the M/Ts, but my dad has run the Mickey thompson drag radials, and the Hoosier Quick Time Pros, and he prefers the M/Ts. In his 74 Trans Am.

Some of you may recognize this car from a recent issue of National Dragster in the results section.

#17 ·
If your running the 275 class the hoosier 275/60 drs are bigger than a m/t drag radial and I have been told they work better than the m/ts In that size but the m/t 315s and 325s dr are better than the hoosiers in that size at least thats what the local 275 dr guys have told me. Guys are going 4.90s-5.40s on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.