Chevy Nova Forum banner

DEATH PROOF - Mario`s Nova

5K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Mario 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I wanted to introduce you to my second Nova. This is the actual screen used movie car from Quentin Tarantino`s DEATH PROOF (2006). Back in 2006 they bought 7 Novas for the production. One was used for stunt tests pre production and was not even painted. So there were 6 Novas left for the actual shooting. Out of these 6 they prepped one for an FX scene where Kurt Russell would sit inside the car for an interior shot. That car was then installed into an rotating structure where they could flip it around to simulate the crash. That one had a painted foam cage instead of welded steel cage for safety reason. The car was cut apart so only the middle part was left (engine and trunk were gone). Sadly they never used that scene on screen. After that they had 5 cars left for "street use". 4 of them were built up for on screen stunt work. 3 were wracked during the famous crash scene and one was used for driving stunts like the 180 degree spin and stuff. The stunt cars were driven by stuntman Buddy Joe Hooker. Only the driving stunt car survived and was gifted to Buddy after the filming wrapped. Now we have 6 out of 7 cars.

And finaly the last car build up for the production is the "hero car". That`s the car used for all the close up scenes (filmed with Kurt Russell) and interior dialogue scenes. This baby was kept by Trouble Maker Studios where it was stored in their warehouse after the filming. They built the cars and other props for this film. In 2008 I bought the car and have it here ever since. It comes with a Certivicate of Authenticity directly from the Trouble Maker Studios and has all the paperwork that proves that the Studio bought this car for the production. This car is my absolute dream and I`m more than proud to show it to you. I`m not driving this Nova, just doing my best to preserve it for the future as best as I can.

Enjoy!

See less See more
1 1
#6 ·
Yeah right, I had an article up there. I think it was two years ago. Was not pretty good though, they cut my text down to a minimum an all the cool info was lost. Also they used only a small portion of my pics. They better had cut the stupid Mustang article and that Justin Bieber like driver and give more attention to the Nova. Well,...

#12 ·
I have a close friend who's dad retired as a lead mechanic from the Harrah's Auto museum in Reno, Nevada. He says all cars, no matter their value, need to be driven once in awhile. That's one of the reason's Jay Leno drives all the cars in his collection (plus he likes to enjoy his toys!). If you don't drive them, all the seals and such go bad. They need to have the appropriate fluids passing by them at the appropriate temperatures to keep them moist and sealed. So keep that car in a safe place...MOST of the time. But get it out and drive it at least once a year. Your car will thank you, and so will all the people who get a chance to see it!

#14 · (Edited)
...Your car will thank you, and so will all the people who get a chance to see it!
People around here not really thank me for driving it around. Those who don't know it's the Death Proof car say it looks like crap (these people prever the bling bling sh** they know from TV) and those who know it's the movie car, think what a rich a**hole I must be and turn around when I pass. Idiots everywhere.

Anyway, you are totally right, the car needs to get out to street at least once a year. I will upload pics of that event upcoming summer. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.