Chevy Nova Forum banner

Camaro Suspension on my nova

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  NovaOne 
#1 ·
Ok guys,

I know this is going to be a strange question.

As I said in my introduction my dad and I started putting a 76 camaro subframe under the front of my car. I'm thinking it's wasted effort and I should just go a different direction but I wanted your opinion. Here's some pictures of it.

To complete:
Build headers or use fender well headers. The rear lower a-arm mount is making it a pain.
Make bumper mounts or modify the front of it.
Make inner fender wells.
Weigh the nose to determine what springs I need.
find a sway bar that'll work.
Finish the brakes (what's there isn't usable).

The only reason I even ask is because this was the last project my dad started before he passed away so I have some emotional attachment to this subframe.

See less See more
#2 ·
Back in 92 or 93 there was a company making a front clip for early cars using Camaro parts.I never saw on on a car though.The company was at Mini-nats in Sacramento.I guess it would depend on how determined you era to make it work.

#5 ·
What my dad did to make it fit is take close to 4" out of the center. Narrowing the frame rails. so the camaro headers don't fit it anymore. You can't see if very well but the rear a-arm mount is really close now. So every header down tube I've found hits it. Original nova headers come close on the driver side to working but the passenger side doesn't fit at all.

I think I have made my decision though. Nobody has said that I'm wasting something with potential by swapping it to a TCI clip so that's the route I'm gonna take. It's just a lot of money.

#4 ·
I wouldn't think you should have any engine, brake, or suspension fitment issues. The parts to make those components work are well known. The first hard part I see is physically attaching the fram to your car. If you are good with a wellder and have basic metal fabricating tools, it should be doable. The really fun part is custom fabricating the core support so you can mount the front fenders and make the bumper fit right.

It should be pretty easy to drop a big block in there with that frame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.