Chevy Nova Forum banner

sagacious's Custom 1973 Nova HB

26K views 50 replies 24 participants last post by  mr.murf 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
hey there, well im faily new to the site and havent posted anything about my nova. i figured i'd show everyone what im up to. this is a completely custom 73 hatch. it has alarm system with remote door locks. power windows, even the 1/4 windows are electric. the hatch is also electric inside the car or remotely. i dont have any interior pics for right now since i have it all apart for wiring at the moment. im using a center console out of a 91 camaro that i made to fit around my ratchet shifter and custom stereo/gauge cluster. i have a pic of the gauge cluster below. the car is equipped with OldAir products aftermarket AC that is hooked up to stock AC ducts. the kickpanels are custom molded for component speakers and the a-pillars have been custom molded for tweeters. ill have interior pics up once i finish up the wiring. the front and rear has been converted to '69 specs. the car is being lowered 2'' front/rear and minitubbed with Torq thrust II 17's.
car has a 440hp 350ci SBC, 700-r4 tranny and stage II shift kit. oh yea and im painting it black. :)
![/url]
Free file hosting from File Den!
Free file hosting from File Den

See less See more
#6 ·
ill have some up soon, im fabbing the 80's camaro emergency brake handle to work and ditching the foot-stlye setup. so the console and everything is all apart.

#13 ·
I'm liking what you're doing here... how tough was it to get the tail panel to fit?

Scott

#16 ·
thanks everyone! well the project has come to a slight hault for a couple weeks and then ill be back at it. ill pull it out of the garage and take some more pics of it soon. after i get the custom console put back together ill start the minitubbing. just ordered the rims a couple days ago i already have the kit and shortended rear sitting in the garage. fronts will be 17x8 and rears are 17x11 TTII's. the tailpanel i actually didnt put in myself i had the car over at a bodyshop for that and the epoxy primer while i was overseas.

#18 · (Edited)
Sure here it.

Right now it has no ac,power steering,summit dragshocks all the way around,70 front end(still don't have bumpers),Copmetion subframe connecters(still laying in the trunk).I found him a 16 gal fuel cell,and a budy found him a bare 400 block to build.I almost got the 307 running.The points wasn't working so we put a hei in and today we are gonna put some plug wires on it and try to fire the old motor up.Me and dad will be painting it flat black in about a month.

#22 ·
here are some more pics of the wheels mounted and the rear floating on a jack to check fitment. im running 17x8 up front with 5.25BS, 17x11 rear with 6'' BS and the rear was shortened 6'' TOTAL. hey are you the craig from 2quicknovas?

Attachments

#24 ·
they are 315's and Sumitomo HTRZ's. 315/35/17. they're directional. that would be awesome if you could fit 335's underneath there. i dont know how though. i had to notch out good chunk of my frame for this to fit. i have plenty of clearance for possibly a larger tire but the leaf springs are actually what comes in the way first. even with DSE's offset mounts... i am definatly installing DSE's subframe connectors now.

#29 ·
I'm running a 4 link suspension in mine so I gained some clearance there. Right now I have 285's on mine, but I'm running 18's. With the 285's, after the DSE tub install I still have 2 1/2 inches clearance on the inside to play with. I know I can fit 315's, but I'm wondering if I trim the fender lip if I could fit the 335's. Will have to play with it and see.

#26 ·
well it depends on what you're willing to do. you could do what i did but it takes some modification and you'd be running the 68-72 bumper. i'd say get the '69 tailpanel from classic industries and have a body man weld it in.. you'll need to relocate the tank nozzle to run to the bumper instead. i'd just run a flexible rubber hose down there and then put a cap on it. the mod is a little spendy unless you get all the parts used. you'll need the tail lights and bumper, bumper brackets. tail panel + bodywork. and then the ss tail panel if you want it. your's being a 74 it's a little harder to do the bumper swap because you have the impact shocks front and rear. the older brackets just bolted right up to mine. it's possible.. i've seen people do it on a 74 im just not quite sure whats involved. but no one ever said custom work was easy. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.