65 Duece: rust repair, mini tub, LS 6.0, full CBR setup and Holley Dominator - Page 4 - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Non-Technical > 1st & 2nd Generation Chevy II/Nova's

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 4th-March-2017, 10:35 PM   #46
Mike93SVT
(OP)

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): 1965 Nova
Boring stuff. Just running brake lines. Love this flaring tool though. Makes it easy

Mike

Advertisement

Old 6th-March-2017, 05:26 PM   #47
bigjman50

Title: Nova Senior Member
Nova(s): 66 deuce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike93SVT View Post
Boring stuff. Just running brake lines. Love this flaring tool though. Makes it easy

Mike

Ill second that the flaring tool is really nice and easy to use!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 18th-March-2017, 03:30 AM   #48
Mike93SVT
(OP)

Got the motor and trans dropped in. Have been doing a ton of little stuff as well. Not happy with the brake lines and prop valve. So will redo that. Pinned the crank for future plans. Installed the transgo HD-2 kit, corvette servo and aluminum accumulator pistons in the trans. Motor and trans fit great with the CBR stuff

Mike

Old 18th-March-2017, 08:58 AM   #49
evan67ss

Nova(s): 1967 SS 327 4 speed
Nice work, it's really coming along. Gonna be an awesome car!
Old 18th-March-2017, 09:04 AM   #50
rkupon1

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1965 2door post
Moving right along!
Old 18th-March-2017, 01:51 PM   #51
ssx

Nova(s): 1965 SS
Very nice work👍🏼
Old 20th-March-2017, 01:42 AM   #52
Mike93SVT
(OP)

Thanks guys

Didn't have a good plan of attack today so I just played with a few things to see what fits and what needs to be ordered. Need to change out the included multec injector connectors for the ev6 style. Have those connectors but the metal pin is different, so ordering them because I'd rather not add a solder joint. . Also need a 4 pin connector to replace the truck 6 pin connector for the throttle body. This whole ecu and harness setup wasn't available with those two things being different. Easy fix though

Made a new prop valve bracket and re-did the lines to clear the coils and fuel rail cover. Cut some spacers and mounted the throttle pedal. And tossed a header in there to see how it fit. Tons of clearance. Very happy with them. Not sure about the o2 bung placement. It's right at the end of a primary tube and the first part of the collector. Read that the Holley likes it further downstream. Need to read some more to confirm

Lots of pics because I like build threads with them when I'm researching

Mike

Old 20th-March-2017, 05:57 PM   #53
bigjman50

Title: Nova Senior Member
Nova(s): 66 deuce
Does the coil pack clear the brake booster? I know for the Ls1 Coils I had to notch my coil bracket and move the rear coil forward about a 1/2 inch. So i was just wondering if it was the same for the Ls2.

Your build is coming along smoothly! It looks good!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 20th-March-2017, 06:24 PM   #54
Mike93SVT
(OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjman50 View Post
Does the coil pack clear the brake booster? I know for the Ls1 Coils I had to notch my coil bracket and move the rear coil forward about a 1/2 inch. So i was just wondering if it was the same for the Ls2.

Your build is coming along smoothly! It looks good!
yes, they clear. It's just the truck valve covers which are all the same anyways. have f body coil brackets with truck "heat sink" coils. plenty of room. can snap a pic tonight.

thanks
Mike
Old 2nd-April-2017, 11:49 PM   #55
Mike93SVT
(OP)

Odds and ends getting done. Was able to fit the digital dash in the stock cluster. Lots of wiring being ran and figured out. I have a lot of studying to do on the Holley stuff. Also got the trans cooler lines routed

Mike

Old 3rd-April-2017, 10:20 AM   #56
no go nova

Nova(s): 1966 nova
Great update your getting close.
Old 7th-April-2017, 03:45 PM   #57
Mike93SVT
(OP)

power steering lines checked off the list

Mike

Old 15th-April-2017, 02:08 AM   #58
Mike93SVT
(OP)

Lots of miscellaneous stuff done. Only thing worth mentioning is the Holley retrofit fuel pump

Fuel pump and hat installed to support 750hp. Internally regulated, so I just have to run the -6 line up to the fuel rail. Very happy with it

That being said, the instructions were wrong. I got one or the first batches of these so that's ok. I'm going to call Holley and make sure they fix them

If you're bored, have a look:

Basically you measure the depth of your tank. Say it's 10". Then you subtract that number from their number in the chart to establish the length of the feed line and mounting bracket

The problem with that is as follows. Going off their 13" baseline number...

If you subtract your 10" then the hose should be 3" long. Ok. But what if your tank is deeper?

Say it's 11" deep. Subtract your 11 from their 13 and your hose would be 2" long. How could the hose and mounting bracket be shorter for a deeper tank??????

So I just had to do the measuring on my own and figure it out. Our tank is barely deep enough to run this big 450lph pump because of the depth needed. They say minimum is 7 1/2" and ours is 8" at the front there but that's really the minimum

Mike

Old 15th-April-2017, 07:23 AM   #59
rkupon1

Nova(s): 1965 2door post
Which holley harness did you end up going with? Mine is gunna be an issue bcuz i seemingly have the only LS2(gto) with a 24t reluctor. The ls2 harness holley sells is for 58t reluctor. I ll cross that bridge when i get there i guess.
Old 15th-April-2017, 09:38 AM   #60
Fredsgarage

Nova(s): 65 Hardtop
Garage
Been reading this from start to finish like a thriller novel. Only when I got to the end of chapter 6 it stopped?

Ok, loving this build. Very inspired and dedicated to quality.

Keep it up and M0RE chapters please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement