75 Vacuum Diagram Or Help - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Non-Technical > 4th Generation Nova's

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 8th-January-2008, 11:44 PM   #1
75 David

Title: Nova Newbie
75 Vacuum Diagram Or Help

I am looking for a vacuum diagram for a '75 350 if they even exist. A friend of mine was helping me tear down my engine for some new vortec heads and we didn't label one of the vacuum lines. I can't find where this one line went, but I know I'll be sorry when I start putting everything back together. The vacuum line comes out of the back of the intake manifold (between the distributor and carb.). There are two lines coming out of the manifold in this spot. It looks like the one on bottom goes towards the transmission (auto), the one on top is the one I need help with. Any help or a diagram will be very much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 9th-January-2008, 09:16 AM   #2
Zoom

Title: Nova Guru
Is this a stock intake and carb? I don't have a diagram, but one of them should be routed to the vacuum line for the transmission. If you have power brakes, vacuum for the booster should be run from the back of the carb. If the one line you can't find where it goes is close to the manifold vacuum port, that's probably where it goes.

Check the pic of the stock intake and carb in this link.

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums...ad.php?t=82865

The manifold vacuum port you are talking about is pictured in the above link. 2 of the 3ports are blocked off in the pic though. You can see the other goes to the transmission.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/782333

Last edited by Zoom; 9th-January-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 9th-January-2008, 10:10 PM   #3
Philip

Title: Moderator
Nova(s): 1977
If an A/C car a line runs into the cab to the heat/AC control.
Old 9th-January-2008, 11:39 PM   #4
75 David

Title: Nova Newbie
Thanks for the suggestions. It does actually have A/C. Saturday I'll have a little time to dig around and hopefully find where this thing goes. The A/C is the first place I'll look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement