Just throwing around ideas..... - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Body, Chassis and Mechanical > Steering, Suspension, and Chassis

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 26th-January-2013, 12:20 AM   #1
mannw2010

Title: Nova Newbie
Nova(s): '74 base 2 door Rust buck
Question Just throwing around ideas.....

So I'm a new poster to the site, up until now I've just creeped the forums and pictures. I figured with this many nova guys on one site it would be the perfect place to ask questions, I've got a 74 two door hardtop that was given to me by my father who purchased it one the 80's when you could still buy a nice nova for 400 bucks! Don't we miss those days lol the body is in rough shape but right now it's my last concern, I've been through the entire brake system (sat for 10 years) and am still not happy with the 4 wheel drum no power, I've been considering a complete kit (only like 600 for stock set up with upgraded rotors) but when I get ready to do the year down I'm thinking upgrade the front suspension, I don't wanna go all out or anything but I'm thinking tubular a arms, bigger sway bar (mines tiny) 2 inch drop spindles and new moog tie rods, sleeves, pitman, and idler, is there anything I'm overlooking? Or does anyone have any suggestions here? I'm not sure what to do about springs and shocks if I do the drop spindles? Anyone have any pictures? Any help ideas or info appreciated. (And sorry for the long *** post)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26th-January-2013, 01:19 AM   #2
1quik69

Title: Moderator
Nova(s): 1969w/468,1972w/408,
Hello and welcome to the site. Post up some pictures of your car when you get a chance.
Old 26th-January-2013, 01:29 AM   #3
taz3

Title: Moderator
Nova(s): 2 69 SS BB L78's & 69 4dr
Welcome aboard!!

A good upgrade for handling is to locate the upper A arms Dave Pozzi has a how to on his site with Camaros, but it all works on the 3rd gen Novas too!

Old 26th-January-2013, 01:42 AM   #4
jimys72

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 72 Nova, 78 Elcamino
to Steves Nova Site.Glad you could join us .
Old 26th-January-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
PCPete

Nova(s): '72 Nova 383/TH350
Welcome! You can get an unbelievable number of ideas here at SNS. Real wallet bombs! The trick is to map our your vision for the car and then start "assembling" it on paper. I did an Excell spreadsheet because it allowed me to add rows and compare costs (I did parts in the rows and suppliers in the columns. I'd be happy to share mine, just PM me.

When you are looking at parts, consider the total cost of getting it to you door. I ordered my front disk kit from an east cost supplier and got killed on the shipping. Later, when I added the rears, I was more careful and paid a bit more to the supplier but got free shipping so the total cost was a lot lower - like $100 cheaper.
Old 26th-January-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
carcrazy615

Nova(s): 63ss convertible 64 4-doo
Welcome. Glad you desided to join in with us. Hope you enjoy the site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
experience., ideas, question, ride height, steering