as promised, updated progress pics... Due to my work restraints, I do not have time for stripping the body and performing body work and paint. Luckily my family is involved in the body business and, a couple of my good buddies work there. Pics focus on her 2 main areas of repair ( the only rust areas on the entire car...) both front fenders and the rear quarter glass. Neither spot was as bad as I thought.
day i dropped her off, driveway was all muddy from rain and snow last week.
concern area as it is known to be problematic...
after the windows popped out
smoothing out the rough spots
as she sits right now
left front fender fixed, new metal in and smothed up.
thats where I am at currently. I also decided, while shes in body shop jail, I am not as fond of the digital dash as I thought I would be. So, I built a new cluster. Started with a piece of cardboard to use as a template. Then I bought some 8th inch thick hardboard/ masonite. If I had a bridgeport or a machine shop I would use that and some steel or aluminum. Anywho...
panel prior to sanding and paint
panel sanded and painted, all but the Equus oil pressure gauge installed.
home made harness, soldered and taped for insulation.Literally plug and play.
Something about a muscle car needing to have the sweep of analog gauges, it just doesnt feel right without them.