The new steering boxes are in stock and ready to order! - Page 2 - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Supporting Vendors > Classic Performance Products Inc.

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 14th-December-2012, 01:08 PM   #16
65Nova-SoCal

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 65 SS Coupe 62 Vert -pro
Pics of a unit in a stock clip would go a long way... - Just saying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14th-December-2012, 01:31 PM   #17
Jeff-CPP

Title: Supporting Vendor
New heavy duty idler arm

Guys we complimented the steering box with our brand new Upgraded idler arm that really works wonders with the mini subframe and the new 400 series box. The arm has premium Duralleen bushings ( same as the ones found in our tubular CPP control arms) frame mount bracket and sleeves for centerlink. Besides that the arm offers more ground clearence and is stronger than stock and works with factory centerlink and its only $129.00.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	007f.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	24029  

Last edited by Jeff-CPP; 14th-December-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 14th-December-2012, 01:40 PM   #18
Jeff-CPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Nova-SoCal View Post
Pics of a unit in a stock clip would go a long way... - Just saying
Was uploading the photo when you were requesting it! More to come!
Old 14th-December-2012, 01:49 PM   #19
Jeff-CPP

New Steering column to firewall plate!

Guys look how nice the new Steering column Firewall seal turned out. Like i said we didn't just throw some things together, it takes time to build quality!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	008 fixed.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	24030  
Old 29th-December-2012, 01:20 PM   #20
suede63SS

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): 63 Nova SS 2 door hardtop
Jeff, I have been waiting for the coupler(RJC-605x), billet column saver(CP150BCS), and column floor mount(IDI4140). Why cant I just use a 55-57 Chevy 3/4DD to 3/4"-30 coupler that appears to be the same as the RJC-605X? What is so different that I now have to wait?

Also a bit bummed that when I ordered the box in early December, I was never told I needed anything else. My wife is patiently waiting and now things are on BO til end of Jan?
Old 31st-December-2012, 10:07 AM   #21
Jeff-CPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by suede63SS View Post
Jeff, I have been waiting for the coupler(RJC-605x), billet column saver(CP150BCS), and column floor mount(IDI4140). Why cant I just use a 55-57 Chevy 3/4DD to 3/4"-30 coupler that appears to be the same as the RJC-605X? What is so different that I now have to wait?

Also a bit bummed that when I ordered the box in early December, I was never told I needed anything else. My wife is patiently waiting and now things are on BO til end of Jan?
What is your order #? I would like to look at it? Secondly this coupler is ALOT smaller than the traditional 55-57 coupler so this part # is a must. Give me your order # so i can look it over. When i made this post it was about the box not complete kits. Thanks Jeff
Old 31st-December-2012, 11:33 AM   #22
suede63SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-CPP View Post
What is your order #? I would like to look at it? Secondly this coupler is ALOT smaller than the traditional 55-57 coupler so this part # is a must. Give me your order # so i can look it over. When i made this post it was about the box not complete kits. Thanks Jeff
Order # 363170. Just my 2 cents, but you folks should put together the kit as an upsell for this conversion since it seems to be necessary.

I just added to this thread because it seemed the most relevent place to put it since it pertained to the boxes....

Thanks Jeff.
Old 31st-December-2012, 11:37 AM   #23
Jeff-CPP

Quote:
Order # 363170. Just my 2 cents, but you folks should put together the kit as an upsell for this conversion since it seems to be necessary.

I just added to this thread because it seemed the most relevent place to put it since it pertained to the boxes....

Thanks Jeff.
Guys just so we are on the same page WE ARE BUILDING A COMPLETE KIT! All pieces are being manufactured as we speak, i put pics of all the pieces we are making in the pictures, what i was pointing out was that the steering boxes are in stock. I was showing what they call "progress" LOL!
Old 1st-January-2013, 11:11 AM   #24
suede63SS

Quote:
Guys just so we are on the same page WE ARE BUILDING A COMPLETE KIT! All pieces are being manufactured as we speak, i put pics of all the pieces we are making in the pictures, what i was pointing out was that the steering boxes are in stock. I was showing what they call "progress" LOL!
Thanks Jeff..but can you see from a buyers perspective? Why offer a box for sale if we dont have the rest of the pieces to install it? I would have waited knowing that information.
Dont get me wrong, I am excited to install this box, just a little frustrated now that we have to wait an unforseen amount of time.
Old 2nd-January-2013, 10:41 AM   #25
Jeff-CPP

Quote:
Thanks Jeff..but can you see from a buyers perspective? Why offer a box for sale if we dont have the rest of the pieces to install it? I would have waited knowing that information.
Dont get me wrong, I am excited to install this box, just a little frustrated now that we have to wait an unforseen amount of time.
I totally understand what you are saying. I literally had customers call me 4 times a week for the last year until that box was in stock, when it came in stock i told them we kinda want to make a complete kit, there response was..... no no just ship the box, so i shipped the box then 2 weeks later they call.... hey i need the rest of the parts to finish my job! LOL I will address this today but i think you may have misunderstood as i don't think there is anything as of today that is not in stock, we just need to make some package part numbers, trust me we dont want to sell just boxes.
Old 2nd-January-2013, 01:34 PM   #26
suede63SS

Quote:
I totally understand what you are saying. I literally had customers call me 4 times a week for the last year until that box was in stock, when it came in stock i told them we kinda want to make a complete kit, there response was..... no no just ship the box, so i shipped the box then 2 weeks later they call.... hey i need the rest of the parts to finish my job! LOL I will address this today but i think you may have misunderstood as i don't think there is anything as of today that is not in stock, we just need to make some package part numbers, trust me we dont want to sell just boxes.
Thanks Jeff. I just got the email that said those items were on backorder. Do you have a better ETA for me?

And do I need the firewall plate that goes on the inside? Or does the stock one work with this upgrade?
Old 2nd-January-2013, 01:42 PM   #27
Jeff-CPP

Quote:
Thanks Jeff. I just got the email that said those items were on backorder. Do you have a better ETA for me?

And do I need the firewall plate that goes on the inside? Or does the stock one work with this upgrade?
Hey bro shoot me your order #? We just finished inventory so last week anything that had not shipped was backordered. No i want you to get one of those firewall plates we make those suckers are sick. Just so you and i stay on the same page and everyone reading this, this was not a slapped together kit, we spent alot of time researching and making this a complete kit, i will do my best to get ETA and part numbers for all parts of the kit.
Old 2nd-January-2013, 05:30 PM   #28
BLYOTH

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1968/1963 SS
Am I reading right that kit are now available? How much is the kit? Does it fit all year novas? Thanks Bruce
Old 2nd-January-2013, 05:39 PM   #29
Jeff-CPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLYOTH View Post
Am I reading right that kit are now available? How much is the kit? Does it fit all year novas? Thanks Bruce
Bruce there will be quite a few different kits available for example we are making the kits for factory power steering that requires the manual steering link that we are now manufacturing aswell as quite a few different kits based on what steering column you decide to run i.e. stock or aftermarket. The kits will fit 1962-67 and the kit aprt #s are not in the system yet but they are in the midst of being created. Hope this helps a bit.
Old 2nd-January-2013, 06:08 PM   #30
bugguy357

Title: Nova Senior Member
Nova(s): 65 Nova SS
That firewall mount is nice do you have one for the Ididit column yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement